• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fifth Test at the SCG

pskov

International 12th Man
Don't bowl there to anyone tbf, but you're right. Short, wide outside off. It's a lefty's dream.

Watson the most disciplined with the new ball. Has bowled well today.
Sky showed his wagon wheel about 20 minutes ago and Cook had scored precisely two runs down the ground in this innings. In fact, I'd be surprised if in the mountain of runs he's scored in this whole series if more than 40 or so have come from drives down the ground.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Don't bowl there to anyone tbf, but you're right. Short, wide outside off. It's a lefty's dream.

Watson the most disciplined with the new ball. Has bowled well today.
Yes he has. Looking at his Test bowling stats, he's near-identical to Siddle, which is handy for a batsman of his quality. Has been underbowled a bit maybe.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sky showed his wagon wheel about 20 minutes ago and Cook had scored precisely two runs down the ground in this innings. In fact, I'd be surprised if in the mountain of runs he's scored in this whole series if more than 40 or so have come from drives down the ground.
He's scored 36 runs straight down the ground this series, out of 700 plus. They showed his series wagon wheel five minutes ago.

Top_Cat

Fair enough AwwwNotto's bowled well but Christ he has enough trouble going beyond 50 in his knocks, doesn't need the added workload of 15-20 overs/day to make it harder.

Burgey

Beer to get a couple here, extra bounce with the newish ball.

As opposed to me, who has scratched his oldish balls and is now about to get a couple of beers

:ph34r:

pskov

International 12th Man
He's scored 36 runs straight down the ground this series, out of 700 plus. They showed his series wagon wheel five minutes ago.
Well there you go. Cook has played exceptionally well this series, probably the best I've seen an England player bat over the course of any tour, but that stat just proves that Australia's line and length to Cook has been very poor. They've been consistently feeding his strengths all series.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Fair enough AwwwNotto's bowled well but Christ he has enough trouble going beyond 50 in his knocks, doesn't need the added workload of 15-20 overs/day to make it harder.

The name of the series. You make a good point too, also how often have Aussies whined about AwwwNotto's injuries, needs to be treated with kid gloves IMHO.

flibbertyjibber

Beer to get a couple here, extra bounce with the newish ball.

As opposed to me, who has scratched his oldish balls and is now about to get a couple of beers

:ph34r:
Had more than a few beers myself tonight, just put kettle on as need to look after kids later. Don't want to miss the Cook double.

Burgey

Well there you go. Cook has played exceptionally well this series, probably the best I've seen an England player bat over the course of any tour, but that stat just proves that Australia's line and length to Cook has been very poor. They've been consistently feeding his strengths all series.
Yep. Bowled fuller to him in Perth and got him out cheaply. He's batted wonderfully well though. Been patient and they've obliged.

hazsa19

International Regular
Most amazing feature of Cook has been his ability and willingness to bat as if he's got to around 20.

He obviously becomes more fluent after getting in, but he doesn't see passing 50, 100, or 150 as a signal to tee off.

I remember Vaughan almost used to slog after passing 100.

Redbacks

International Captain
Most amazing feature of Cook has been his ability and willingness to bat as if he's got to around 20.

He obviously becomes more fluent after getting in, but he doesn't see passing 50, 100, or 150 as a signal to tee off.
Seeing batsmen average 100+ in a series provides a nice insight into how Bradman must have played for his whole test career. We barely look like getting Cook out!