• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fifth Test at the SCG

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nice shot there from Bell. More innocuous pap from Hilfenhaus. Honestly, just no threat at all. They replayed Strauss' dismissal yesterday. Christ it was reasonably straight and he played around it.. Just a little bit of movement, a bit like Hughes off Tremlett at the WACA.

They're on tv saying what a cracking ball it was. Well, it probably surprised Strauss as it wasn't utter ****, but really, was nothing special.
Spent ages on Sky debating it too.

Just played all round straight ball and got bowled for me. Nothing special just a poor shot.

Burgey

**** off Hilfenhaus!! Honestly, pull a hammy or something - better off without you. Let Watson bowl with the new ball. Just complete crap this. Around the wicket, into the pads. Yay you.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Very bizarre from the Aussies, they were bowling well up to they took the new ball, seemed to be some cohesive bowling plans, well-executed, but since, it's buffet stuff.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah indeed. As for Beer's action - or anyone else's, can tell nowt from a still frame IMO.
You're right mate - but one to keep an eye on nonetheless.
Looks a different class of bowler than D'oherty, has bowled pretty well today

Burgey

5 wickets in 4 tests is an appalling statistic.
It's just embarrassing. I mean, using a little bit of license, if I bowled that number of overs in a series I'd back myself that 5 batsmen might get bored and I'd jag a few wickets, and I mean I wouldn't get a bowl in a Chinese restaurant.

Burgey

You're right mate - but one to keep an eye on nonetheless.
Looks a different class of bowler than D'oherty, has bowled pretty well today
Given we've now found a spinner who looks reasonable, he will no doubt chuck it and cop a ban!!! Will re-work his action and become Xavier Doherty.

Edit: credit to Clarke here.. Not putting up with ****e and making changes. Fair enough too.

Last edited:

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
I hate Sky, that's not the first time they've kept me up through lunch with some crappy 90s nostalgia.

Anyhow some poor cricket from Oz since lunch. Men out in the deep = no pressure on the batsmen with the new ball

Ye gods, they're just showing Michael Beer's action in freeze frame. 15 degrees anyone?
Bowls with a bent arm the whole time, doesn't really extend it.

Wouldn't call it a "throw", per se, I don't think it's a blight. But it'd be interesting to see if he gets over the degree limit, bowling with a slightly bent arm the whole way through.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Bowls with a bent arm the whole time, doesn't really extend it.

Wouldn't call it a "throw", per se, I don't think it's a blight. But it'd be interesting to see if he gets over the degree limit, bowling with a slightly bent arm the whole way through.
Maybe - he looked to me to be straightening it, but I could very well be wrong and in any event I agree that it's not right to judge him on 2D tv footage alone. Out of a sense of balance I'd say that I'm not much happier about Steve Finn's action either.

Top_Cat

It's just embarrassing. I mean, using a little bit of license, if I bowled that number of overs in a series I'd back myself that 5 batsmen might get bored and I'd jag a few wickets, and I mean I wouldn't get a bowl in a Chinese restaurant.
He's been Reiffel-barrel straight this series.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
In future times Autralians will be able to taunt the English with the fact that they could only win 2(3)-1 against an attack that contained Ben Hilfenhaus.

Burgey

Maybe - he looked to me to be straightening it, but I could very well be wrong and in any event I agree that it's not right to judge him on 2D tv footage alone. Out of a sense of balance I'd say that I'm not much happier about Steve Finn's action either.
Really? Hadn't noticed anything about Finn I must say. Worth a look I suppose.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Sun's out now, pitch looking good for batting, and the match remains in the balance. Unless we capitalise now, we let the dastardly Aussies right back into this.

flibbertyjibber

Don't bowl there to anyone tbf, but you're right. Short, wide outside off. It's a lefty's dream.

Watson the most disciplined with the new ball. Has bowled well today.
Watson has been so underused this series. It unreal, looks only bowler you have who has constantly bowled to a plan and kept it tightish. Even Harris was way off in Melbourne.