• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fifth Test at the SCG

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He had a moan at Brisbane did he not?
Wasn't his "that's ****ing weak umpiring Aleem" outburst at Adelaide (brisbane?) about the fact that the umpires hadn't taken the fielder's word for it? I might be wrong, often am
Well tbf I wasn't here for the end of Brisbane or all of Adelaide, so I may have missed it.

Good, grinding session of test cricket there. England on top but we're by no means out of this with a couple of quick wickets. Match really well poised here.

Last edited:

Howe_zat

Audio File
Well well. Definitely England's session. Should build a strong lead of 100+ and almost no chance of losing - so long as there isn't a massive collapse in one innings. Draw still a real possibility.

Cook obviously takes the plaudits, though has toughed it out on what is not an easy wicket. Plenty of edges and was very nearly out twice, so this isn't the kind of faultless innings we got earlier in the series from him. Still, I'll take a slightly faulty innings if he gets past it and keeps scoring, and if Cooky can do anything it's to just move on and be patient.

Colly I think would do well to make room in the Test side. Concentrate on one-day cricket. Bell looks pretty good, but then he always does. Tipping him for a nice-looking 60.

Hilf and Johnson were pretty poor with the new ball, Siddle still the pick of the bowlers though both Beer and Watson had their moments. Beer has a good action and seems to be getting some healthy turn, so I remain optimistic for him if not won over.

Clarke clearly has no faith in Smith. Doesn't seem to have made any bad decisions but hasn't been too active either.

Betting England 400+ all out just before the close. Perhaps a touch optimistic but I'll go with it.

Last edited:

hazsa19

International Regular
Loving Darren Gough's debut being shown on Sky.

He is the sort of fast strike bowler we do not have. Shame he was around when Atherton, Hussain, Ramprakash, Hick etc were.

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
Meh after this series we'll see most of the old weakness come back into this team. They are all just having a golden series, with the help of their opposition of course.
Possibly. Cook and Trott have perhaps overperformed, but I'm not sure about the others.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Well well. Definitely England's session. Should build a strong lead of 100+ and almost no chance of losing - so long as there isn't a massive collapse in one innings. Draw still a real possibility.

Cook obviously takes the plaudits, though has toughed it out on what is not an easy wicket. Plenty of edges and was very nearly out twice, so this isn't the kind of faultless innings we got earlier in the series from him. Still, I'll take a slightly faulty innings if he gets past it and keeps scoring, and if Cooky can do anything it's to just move on and be patient.

Colly I think would do well to make room in the Test side. Concentrate on one-day cricket. Bell looks pretty good, but then he always does. Tipping him for a nice-looking 60.

Hilf and Johnson were pretty poor with the new ball, Siddle still the pick of the bowlers though both Beer and Watson had their moments. Beer has a good action and seems to be getting some healthy turn, so I remain optimistic for him if not won over.

Clarke clearly has no faith in Smith. Doesn't seem to have made any bad decisions but hasn't been too active either.

Betting England 390 all out just before the close. Perhaps a touch optimistic but I'll go with it.
Less than 120 runs away from that now and it’s not like the tail can’t bat. Fancy 450 myself.

TumTum

Banned
Possibly. Cook and Trott have perhaps overperformed, but I'm not sure about the others.
Yeah weaknesses or strengths can only be determined by the individual quality of the players. Like that old saying "form is temporary, class is permanent", which works in both ways.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Less than 120 runs away from that now and it’s not like the tail can’t bat. Fancy 450 myself.
True, perhaps not that optimistic. But there is something in the pitch, two wickets from the bowlers, Siddle looks capable, and Bell and Cook have hardly been perfect. So I'd take 120 right now.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nice shot there from Bell. More innocuous pap from Hilfenhaus. Honestly, just no threat at all. They replayed Strauss' dismissal yesterday. Christ it was reasonably straight and he played around it.. Just a little bit of movement, a bit like Hughes off Tremlett at the WACA.

They're on tv saying what a cracking ball it was. Well, it probably surprised Strauss as it wasn't utter ****, but really, was nothing special.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Nice shot there from Bell. More innocuous pap from Hilfenhaus. Honestly, just no threat at all. They replayed Strauss' dismissal yesterday. Christ it was reasonably straight and he played around it.. Just a little bit of movement, a bit like Hughes off Tremlett at the WACA.

They're on tv saying what a cracking ball it was. Well, it probably surprised Strauss as it wasn't utter ****, but really, was nothing special.
Tbh the shock-factor of the Aussies bowling a straight un in this series just did for Straussie.

Creamy shot from Bell.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
I hate Sky, that's not the first time they've kept me up through lunch with some crappy 90s nostalgia.

Anyhow some poor cricket from Oz since lunch. Men out in the deep = no pressure on the batsmen with the new ball

Ye gods, they're just showing Michael Beer's action in freeze frame. 15 degrees anyone?