• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Should Ricky Ponting cop a ban?

What should Ponting's punishment be?

• Total voters

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
First off, I know I get a bit silly in Ashes time, but I'm honestly not trolling here.

There seems to be widespread disgust at Ponting's reaction to the Pietersen not out earlier. It went far beyond consultation with an umpire is supposed to, especially when you consider the umpire was absolutely powerless.

Should this behaviour see Ponting fined, suspended, both, what?

PS mods I felt this deserved a separate thread rather than clogging up the match thread, hence why I posted it as one, hope you agree :)

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Terrible behaviour. It's not Dar's fault, even. Could reasonably be said to have disrupted Pietersen's concentration as well. Captains have been banned & fined for much, much less.

Craig

World Traveller
He should get a ban as well as a fine, although the most likely thing that will happen is a fine.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah, I think he should get a suspension and probably a fine as well.

In the past I've thought some of the criticism has been unfair and unjustified, but I can't defend him at all for that behaviour today. Inexcusable.

Uppercut

Yeah, I think he should get a suspension and probably a fine as well.

In the past I've thought some of the criticism has been unfair and unjustified, but I can't defend him at all for that behaviour today. Inexcusable.
Yeah, this.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Siddle probably deserves one too but I am prepared to reprieve him on the basis of duress

vcs

I know two wrongs do not make a right and all that, but has Broad ever copped a suspension? I genuinely don't know, I'm just asking.. if he hasn't got one yet, Ponting shouldn't either.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Missed it live, but saw the highlights, and reckon that a ban shouldn't be out of the question. Probably in favour, depends on how his record stands at the moment.

Would be surprised though if the match referee has the cojonies to hand out a ban though; even moreso if it somehow managed to be a live Test.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Just saw it. Looked pretty bad to be honest; even Taylor & Warne on 9 were critical.

Given Ponting's history something should happen, but we're living in dreamland if we think as Aussie skipper is going to be banned in the middle of a home Ashes series.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I know two wrongs do not make a right and all that, but has Broad ever copped a suspension? I genuinely don't know, I'm just asking.. if he hasn't got one yet, Ponting shouldn't either.
GTFO, Broad may have been a brat but he has never done anything comparable

Oscillatingmind

U19 Cricketer
Ponting misses a game, Siddle gets fined, I wouldn't be unhappy with that response, He's just thoroughly embarrassed himself and be extension he team.

Bun

Banned
I knowo wrongs do not make a right and all that, but has Broad ever copped a suspension? I genuinely don't know, I'm just asking.. if he hasn't got one yet, Ponting shouldn't either.
Preteen Girls are different from men.