View Poll Results: What should Ponting's punishment be?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • None

3 5.17%
  • Fine

9 15.52%
  • Suspension

5 8.62%
  • Fine & Suspension

40 68.97%
  • Awww look

1 1.72%
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Should Ricky Ponting cop a ban?

International Coach HeathDavisSpeed's Avatar
    Rummaging through Iain O'Brien's dustbins.
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltman View Post
    Headline on Cricinfo says Ponting has been fined, but it links to the earlier story. More shortly, I'd imagine.
    Only fined 40% of his match fee, no other censure. Absolutely pathetic.
    >>>>>>WHHOOOOOOOOOSHHHHHHH>>>>>>
    Fascist Dictator of the Heath Davis Appreciation Society
    Supporting Petone's Finest since the very start - Iain O'Brien
    Adam Wheater - Another batsman off the Essex production line
    Also Supporting the All Time #1 Batsman of All Time Ever - Jacques Kallis and the much maligned Peter Siddle.

Vimes tells it how it is:
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel_Vimes View Post
    Heath worryingly quick.

Hahaha what a joke. Absolute joke.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

To say he got off lightly is scraping the barrels of extreme understatement.
    + time's fickle card game ~ with you and i +

get ready for a broken ****in' arm

International Vice-Captain Dasa's Avatar
    Pathetic.

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Sounds about right this

Lol. Hope the Poms jack up and piss off home, thereby forfeiting.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"

"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

Only way Australia will win a series nowadays, in any form of cricket

International Coach HeathDavisSpeed's Avatar
    Rummaging through Iain O'Brien's dustbins.
    This % of match fee malarky isn't even really much of a fine, is it? Should be more than 100% of match fee, then see how they like it. And no punishment at all for Siddle.

I wonder what you have to do to actually incur a ban these days?

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Ha, I remember Simon Jones getting fined about the same for pointing Hayden to the pavilion, back in 05.

Pissweak punishment.
    #JFT96
    "I can't promise anyone success but I can promise them a trip to the moon." - John King
    SWA

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

99*
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post

Not have:
    Last edited by 99*; 27-12-2010 at 03:45 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgey
    She tells me the thing will flatten out, I say "Like your chest?" Bad mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    This % of match fee malarky isn't even really much of a fine, is it? Should be more than 100% of match fee, then see how they like it. And no punishment at all for Siddle.

Slow overrates. That produces the threat of suspension. That is when Ponting will actually change his behaviour, and bowl part-timers

International Coach flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Piss poor decision but no surprise.

I'm amazed Siddle hasn't gotten punished. He's damned lucky he was told to piss off otherwise he probably would've carried on as well.

Although, given the severity of the "punishment", maybe it's rather pointless luck.

Ponting is soft.

I was recently wondering to myself who the better batsman was: Ricky Ponting or Steve Waugh? Ponting is more talented, no doubt. But Steve Waugh was tough and never would have done what Ponting did today.

Australia being on the backfoot reminded me of how many times Waugh would come out, with a ton of pressure on his shoulders, and just nut out tough well-constructed, patient, innings. The man was so cool under pressure.

Ponting is a more talented batsman, but he's soft.

Under the captaincy of Ricky Ponting the Australian cricket team has gone from being the most hated side in cricket, to being one of the worst sides in sport.

I've never seen a person more sensitive to criticism than Ricky Ponting. In 2005 when Australia lost the Ashes he never got over that. If you read his book he's still looking for those two runs at Edgbaston, claiming poor umpiring decisions cost that game.

When Phil Tuffey took some light jabs at him during the Allan Border Medal in 2006, Ponting took offense to everything.

He was forever defending himself for talking to his team-mates etc too.

Ponting's probably Australia's third best batsman ever (after Bradman and Chappell), but we're seeing the crumbling of an empire here. The rise and fall of Australian cricket. And it's happened under Ponting's captaincy.

Under Ponting the rest of the Aussies have gone soft too. And Michael Clarke will make a vile captain when he succeeds Ponting.

Right now he's one of my most hated cricketers, right up there with Stephen Fleming, Graeme Smith, Shane Bond, Chris Cairnes, and Daniel Vettori.

I know I'm being harsh in this post, but his behaviour is terrible. He acts like a spoiled brat when his team is struggling.

If Australia's dominance arose from Allan Border and the tough times they had now, their decline is partly attributed to the easy rise Ponting had with all those great Aussie sides, boosted by Warne, Waugh and McGrath.

Ponting's just soft. I don't know if I want to rate him higher than Steve Waugh. Waugh wasn't as talented, but he was a winner, and he eat up pressure like it with nothing.

Ponting's falling apart.

Quote Originally Posted by Francis View Post
    Ponting is soft.

I was recently wondering to myself who the better batsman was: Ricky Ponting or Steve Waugh? Ponting is more talented, no doubt. But Steve Waugh was tough and never would have done what Ponting did today.

Australia being on the backfoot reminded me of how many times Waugh would come out, with a ton of pressure on his shoulders, and just nut out tough well-constructed, patient, innings. The man was so cool under pressure.

Ponting is a more talented batsman, but he's soft.

Under the captaincy of Ricky Ponting the Australian cricket team has gone from being the most hated side in cricket, to being one of the worst sides in sport.

I've never seen a person more sensitive to criticism than Ricky Ponting. In 2005 when Australia lost the Ashes he never got over that. If you read his book he's still looking for those two runs at Edgbaston, claiming poor umpiring decisions cost that game.

When Phil Tuffey took some light jabs at him during the Allan Border Medal in 2006, Ponting took offense to everything.

He was forever defending himself for talking to his team-mates etc too.

Ponting's probably Australia's third best batsman ever (after Bradman and Chappell), but we're seeing the crumbling of an empire here. The rise and fall of Australian cricket. And it's happened under Ponting's captaincy.

Under Ponting the rest of the Aussies have gone soft too. And Michael Clarke will make a vile captain when he succeeds Ponting.

Right now he's one of my most hated cricketers, right up there with Stephen Fleming, Graeme Smith, Shane Bond, Chris Cairnes, and Daniel Vettori.

I know I'm being harsh in this post, but his behaviour is terrible. He acts like a spoiled brat when his team is struggling.

If Australia's dominance arose from Allan Border and the tough times they had now, their decline is partly attributed to the easy rise Ponting had with all those great Aussie sides, boosted by Warne, Waugh and McGrath.

Ponting's just soft. I don't know if I want to rate him higher than Steve Waugh. Waugh wasn't as talented, but he was a winner, and he eat up pressure like it with nothing.

Ponting's falling apart.
    Another exhibit of the kind of mentality that pisses me off so much. This is a truly terrible post.

Soft, eh?

That was an awesome innings by Ponting. And it's the best example of him showing a toughness that Steve Waugh had. But right now his form is suffering because of the criticism he's taking.

Another good example of Ponting rising to the occasion was in 1999 when he made three/four ducks and then made a double-century as a response.

He's been a champion player. This is best shown by the 2003 World Cup Final.

But as a leader he's not in the Border, Taylor, Waugh mold. They were tough leaders who could handle pressure. Ponting's spat today was a reaction to the intense pressure he's feeling. He desperately wanted a wicket and stooped to a new low.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread Information