• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Change batting order 2nd innings Australia

slippy888

International Captain
To me it would make sense if the aussies changed it, like this

Watson
Hussey
Ponting
Clarke
Hughes
Haddin
Smith
Johnson
Harris
Siddle
hifienhus

To me the Aussies have to change something, Hughes is a walking wicket against the new ball, and smith is the worst number 6 batsman in test history.

Midwinter

State Captain
Deckchairs ....
Titanic...

Agree tho'.
At least do something about it.

Insanity is doing is doing the same again and expecting a different outcome.

mudrunner

Cricket Spectator
give 21yo smith a break. bradmans figures for his first test were comparable.....

Playing in only his tenth first-class match, Bradman, nicknamed "Braddles" by his teammates,[21] found his initial Test a harsh learning experience. Caught on a sticky wicket, Australia were all out for 66 in the second innings and lost by 675 runs (still a Test record).[22] Following scores of 18 and 1, the selectors dropped Bradman to twelfth man for the Second Test

weeman27bob

International Regular
Implying that Bradman's average of 52 after two tests is comparable to Smith's average of 24 after three.

Tom 1972

School Boy/Girl Captain
To me it would make sense if the aussies changed it, like this

Watson
Hussey
Ponting
Clarke
Hughes
Haddin
Smith
Johnson
Harris
Siddle
hifienhus

To me the Aussies have to change something, Hughes is a walking wicket against the new ball, and smith is the worst number 6 batsman in test history.
Agree with the above, but Siddle will be elevated to number 4 as night watchman tomorrow night.

M0rphin3

International Debutant
Won't trust Hussey to face the new ball tbh. Hughes looking alright when he's there but that douche throws it away (a la Sehwag) after looking good and settled. Hussey's fine down the order facing the older ball and Swann imho.

Rant0r

International 12th Man
Deckchairs ....
Titanic...

Agree tho'.
At least do something about it.

Insanity is doing is doing the same again and expecting a different outcome.
:laugh:
give 21yo smith a break. bradmans figures for his first few tests were comparable.....
That's where that signature came from.

Won't trust Hussey to face the new ball tbh. Hughes looking alright when he's there but that douche throws it away (a la Sehwag) after looking good and settled. Hussey's fine down the order facing the older ball and Swann imho.
Why not ? He only did it for 12 years prior to his test debut and averaged lots.

Debris

International 12th Man
Actually, I would move Watson rather than Hughes. Watson to 4, clarke to 5, Hussey to 1.