• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pommy Supporters at the G'

Gilly Fan

U19 12th Man
Just wanna say you blokes were phenomonal today. I reckon atleast 40% were poms and you made immense noise. Loved it (well not really) when the GSS was singing God Save the Queen and then the wicket fell. The roar was huge.

I was sitting inbetween a bunch as well and they all seem like really nice people. :)

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Burgey to respond...
I think everyone who reads this threat will have the same immediate thought. :)

Still, nice to acknowledge the opposition support. Ive always loved the Barmy Army and associated hangers-on but imagined that it must be a nightmare to sit next to them if you supported the other team (same as it was with West Indian fans in the 70s and 80s at English grounds) so it is always nice to hear that them having their own fun doesnt ruin it for the others.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Everyone knows the Barmy Army, like all English sporting supporters everywhere, are just unwashed football hooligans. Sure they might seem jovial but there's no doubt in the world there is always a hooligan in any Pommie supporter, just waiting to get out. Occasionally they try to make out that they're reasonable and jovial, but anyone who followed Association football in the 80s and 90s knows that, along with generally being **** at sport, yer average Pom is nothing more than a lawless rabble-rouser with terrible manners. There is no doubt UEFA did the right thing banning their supporters from European competition, and the ICC should do the same with their cricket fans.

They're an annoying, disgusting, smelly, lawless rabble. They rarely bathe and never practice dental hygiene. They repeatedly chant the same mindless crap day-in and day out, never changing it. Because they have a collective IQ of 12, they find this amusing, no matter where they are in the world. They even think Graeme Swann has a personality. They are a deluded, malevolent presence on the world sporting stage. And they can't sing either.

Last edited:

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
I sat amongst the Barmy Army 8 years ago, and watched Justin Langer bring up his 250. Was a ripping day, they certainly didn't have any hooliganism tendencies and - unlike a lot of antipodeans in the Bay 13 area - weren't embarrassingly gassed either.

Yesterday, don't think that people left - everyone just went to the bar! It's normal course for Boxing Day, and was exacerbated by the Australian effort yesterday.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Everyone knows the Barmy Army, like all English sporting supporters everywhere, are just unwashed football hooligans. Sure they might seem jovial but there's no doubt in the world there is always a hooligan in any Pommie supporter, just waiting to get out. Occasionally they try to make out that they're reasonable and jovial, but anyone who followed Association football in the 80s and 90s knows that, along with generally being **** at sport, yer average Pom is nothing more than a lawless rabble-rouser with terrible manners. There is no doubt UEFA did the right thing banning their supporters from European competition, and the ICC should do the same with their cricket fans.

They're an annoying, disgusting, smelly, lawless rabble. They rarely bathe and never practice dental hygiene. They repeatedly chant the same mindless crap day-in and day out, never changing it. Because they have a collective IQ of 12, they find this amusing, no matter where they are in the world. They even think Graeme Swann has a personality. They are a deluded, malevolent presence on the world sporting stage. And they can't sing either.
Was under the impression there were quite a few lawyers in the group......

Legends, tbh. Always hoping I'm near them when I go to the cricket because they're, well, fun.

Craig

World Traveller

Add this the list.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Sat very close to the Barmy Army during the play today. I have to say I was very impressed with the stamina of the Army. I guess if you've been saving it up for 25 years you make the most of it. They were in great form.