Cricket Player Manager

Thread: Pommy Supporters at the G'

Pommy Supporters at the G'

Just wanna say you blokes were phenomonal today. I reckon atleast 40% were poms and you made immense noise. Loved it (well not really) when the GSS was singing God Save the Queen and then the wicket fell. The roar was huge.

I was sitting inbetween a bunch as well and they all seem like really nice people.

Jolly decent of you to say so, old son.

Burgey to respond...
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"I don't believe a word of Pietersen's book, but then I don't believe a word anyone else has said either."
    - Simon Barnes renders further comment on KP's autobiography superfluous in a sentence

Aye, didn't know being a teen was old these days.

still scratching around in the same old hole
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    Burgey to respond...
    I think everyone who reads this threat will have the same immediate thought.

Still, nice to acknowledge the opposition support. Ive always loved the Barmy Army and associated hangers-on but imagined that it must be a nightmare to sit next to them if you supported the other team (same as it was with West Indian fans in the 70s and 80s at English grounds) so it is always nice to hear that them having their own fun doesnt ruin it for the others.
    If I only just posted the above post, please wait 5 mins before replying as there is bound to be edits

West Robham Rabid Wolves Caedere lemma quod eat lemma

Happy Birthday! (easier than using Birthday threads)

Email and MSN- Goughy at cricketmail dot net

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly Fan View Post
    Loved it (well not really) when the GSS was singing God Save Your Queen...
    Fixed
    Heads, Shoulders, Knees, John Stones

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Everyone knows the Barmy Army, like all English sporting supporters everywhere, are just unwashed football hooligans. Sure they might seem jovial but there's no doubt in the world there is always a hooligan in any Pommie supporter, just waiting to get out. Occasionally they try to make out that they're reasonable and jovial, but anyone who followed Association football in the 80s and 90s knows that, along with generally being **** at sport, yer average Pom is nothing more than a lawless rabble-rouser with terrible manners. There is no doubt UEFA did the right thing banning their supporters from European competition, and the ICC should do the same with their cricket fans.

They're an annoying, disgusting, smelly, lawless rabble. They rarely bathe and never practice dental hygiene. They repeatedly chant the same mindless crap day-in and day out, never changing it. Because they have a collective IQ of 12, they find this amusing, no matter where they are in the world. They even think Graeme Swann has a personality. They are a deluded, malevolent presence on the world sporting stage. And they can't sing either.
    Last edited by Burgey; 26-12-2010 at 04:29 PM.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"
    "When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

#408. Sixty three not out forever.

I sat amongst the Barmy Army 8 years ago, and watched Justin Langer bring up his 250. Was a ripping day, they certainly didn't have any hooliganism tendencies and - unlike a lot of antipodeans in the Bay 13 area - weren't embarrassingly gassed either.

Yesterday, don't think that people left - everyone just went to the bar! It's normal course for Boxing Day, and was exacerbated by the Australian effort yesterday.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    Everyone knows the Barmy Army, like all English sporting supporters everywhere, are just unwashed football hooligans. Sure they might seem jovial but there's no doubt in the world there is always a hooligan in any Pommie supporter, just waiting to get out. Occasionally they try to make out that they're reasonable and jovial, but anyone who followed Association football in the 80s and 90s knows that, along with generally being **** at sport, yer average Pom is nothing more than a lawless rabble-rouser with terrible manners. There is no doubt UEFA did the right thing banning their supporters from European competition, and the ICC should do the same with their cricket fans.

They're an annoying, disgusting, smelly, lawless rabble. They rarely bathe and never practice dental hygiene. They repeatedly chant the same mindless crap day-in and day out, never changing it. Because they have a collective IQ of 12, they find this amusing, no matter where they are in the world. They even think Graeme Swann has a personality. They are a deluded, malevolent presence on the world sporting stage. And they can't sing either.
    Was under the impression there were quite a few lawyers in the group......

Legends, tbh. Always hoping I'm near them when I go to the cricket because they're, well, fun.
    The Colourphonics

Bandcamp
    Twitderp

Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post

Add this the list.
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever...

RIP Fardin Qayyumi, a true legend of CW

Quote Originally Posted by Boobidy View Post
    Bradman never had to face quicks like Sharma and Irfan Pathan. He wouldn't of lasted a ball against those 2, not to mention a spinner like Sehwag.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Mister Wright's Avatar
    Burger Time Champion!
    Sat very close to the Barmy Army during the play today. I have to say I was very impressed with the stamina of the Army. I guess if you've been saving it up for 25 years you make the most of it. They were in great form.
    Cricketweb Colts Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    Hayden > Lehmann
    I'm a member of Club Kerry

I'm Green

The color of immortality, nature and envy - you are truly a unique person. While clearly the color of nature, you also symbolize rebirth, fertility and hope in the world. On the other side of the spectrum, a natural aptitude to money with green coming to signify money and possibly even *********!

Thread Information