• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fourth Test at the MCG

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah I know you're a huge fan of both, but you're definitely wrong here. Hughes only stuttered for half a second. You're playing to save a test match. You don't run when you hit it straight to Trott's right hand.
This.

Runs are less important than time at the moment. There is no reason to be running suicide singles.

Woodster

International Captain
Yes Watson's reaction suggests he knows he's let his mate down there. Didn't call straight away, thus Hughes just stuttering a touch. Bad call.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Yeah I know you're a huge fan of both, but you're definitely wrong here. Hughes only stuttered for half a second. You're playing to save a test match. You don't run when you hit it straight to Trott's right hand.
I disagree but cbf. I'm not saying it was a smart run but there was one there if he trusted the call.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Bad call + slightly late call = suicide when hitting the ball straight to a fielder whilst trying to save a test.

Twatto needs to just put it behind him now though.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hughes' back foot, for the first time this series, was actually not moving away. Was the best he's looked in ages tbh. Devo he got sawn off there.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
What's he paying for a 50-90 score? Haha.
Haha would put some money on it for sure!

If I was an Aussie cricket fan I'd be annoyed, but Watson still looks damn solid and if EVER Ponting is going to score, its on this wicket in this scenario. Nothing to lose really. No one really expects Australia to bat out 2.5 days and save a test.

Jacknife

International Captain
Jimmy bowling like he thinks it's reversing, I'd have thought it was a bit early for that.
First runs off Bres with that 4.

Last edited:

Burgey

Haha would put some money on it for sure!

If I was an Aussie cricket fan I'd be annoyed, but Watson still looks damn solid and if EVER Ponting is going to score, its on this wicket in this scenario. Nothing to lose really. No one really expects Australia to bat out 2.5 days and save a test.
Keep scoring at five an over we'll set them a target :ph34r:

Son Of Coco

Also interesting to see Prior took the ball in front of the stumps, Hilfenhause took the ball closer to Perth yesterday before taking the bails off.
Would think he'd be better off taking it behind them as a rule...the ball was going to hit anyway it seemed. If Prior had somehow managed to fluff the take and miss the run-out in that position he would've been crucified.

Terrible running though...not the best situation for a run out, even if there's never a good situation really.

Ruckus

International Captain
Hughes' back foot, for the first time this series, was actually not moving away. Was the best he's looked in ages tbh. Devo he got sawn off there.
Yeah exactly. It's because Hughes just doesn't respond well to constantly being shifted in and out of the team. He is a quality player who needs a few innings to get some rhythm and form, and unfortunately just as he is starting to look good something stupid like that happens. As much as I like him, I really hope Katich isn't fully fit for Sydney so Hughes gets another go.

Son Of Coco

Stress fracture of the ankle for Harris...poor bastard. Was nice to have him around this series while it lasted.

Burgey

Anyone else finding no shortage of irony in Slats lecturing about disciplined batting here?

I recall between 93-01 the mantra was always "That's the way I play".

Funny how times change.