• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fourth Test at the MCG

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
No there isn't, you suggested daylight however. Which is where I came in really.

I suppose this is keeping me going through lunch, not terribly productive though.
I have massive amounts of :wub: for Taylor, so maybe exaggerated. I did say in a later post that early season form could/should be the decisive factor

Jarquis

Imo it's unlikely at the age of 20 and after only two years in County cricket, you are ready to play Test cricket. At times it can help for a young player to see the standards he needs to meet to be successful at the top, on the other hand there is generally little to be gained by throwing in a kid before he's ready, especially when it isn't necessary.

To suggest their County records are not dissimilar, I think would be a near 5,000 run difference oversight, but I presume you're just looking at their averages.
Well yeah, Taylor doesn't stand much chance on aggregate when Hildreth's played ridiculously more matches than he has.

Basically, you're saying Scenario A can happen, I'm saying Scenario B can happen. Neither of us are wrong, both are possibilities. You're convinced yours is more likely, I'm not.

Moving on Ponting will ton up.

Woodster

International Captain
Well yeah, Taylor doesn't stand much chance on aggregate when Hildreth's played ridiculously more matches than he has.

Basically, you're saying Scenario A can happen, I'm saying Scenario B can happen. Neither of us are wrong, both are possibilities. You're convinced yours is more likely, I'm not.

Moving on Ponting will ton up.
Absolutely and because he's played much more cricket, I feel him and his game is in a much better position to take to Test cricket. As you say, I feel Hildreth should get the nod out of the two, and you prefer Taylor, fair enough.

Hughes looking a bit of a liability here early. Will be lambasted if he gets himself out chasing a wide one here.

Jarquis

As I've said though, if Hildreth comprehensively outbats Taylor in the early season I wouldn't be adverse to him getting the nod. Not that I would anyway, really.

hazsa19

International Regular
Jimmeh not quite hitting his straps. I agree with Warne, get Swann on soon and put men around the bat.