Page 81 of 172 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391131 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 2574

Thread: *Official* Fourth Test at the MCG

  1. #1201
    International Coach HeathDavisSpeed's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Rummaging through Iain O'Brien's dustbins.
    Posts
    14,386
    Quote Originally Posted by hazsa19 View Post
    Great batting from Trott and KP. That's how you play Test Cricket in tough conditions.
    Not sure I agree. They've given plenty of quarter/half opportunities with some poor shot selection. They've ridden their luck and come through well in tough conditions, but I would say that's not how to play in these conditions. A bit more circumspection would be in order, because right now, I'd reckon the Aussies feel as if a wicket isn't far away.
    >>>>>>WHHOOOOOOOOOSHHHHHHH>>>>>>
    Fascist Dictator of the Heath Davis Appreciation Society
    Supporting Petone's Finest since the very start - Iain O'Brien
    Adam Wheater - Another batsman off the Essex production line
    Also Supporting the All Time #1 Batsman of All Time Ever - Jacques Kallis and the much maligned Peter Siddle.


    Vimes tells it how it is:
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel_Vimes View Post
    Heath worryingly quick.

  2. #1202
    Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    The Castle
    Posts
    41,448
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcuss View Post
    Yeah, damn Anderson proving me wrong by being exactly the same as he was 4 years ago with a crocked back.
    No, you just being a ****wit making ridiculous assertions that players' records count for nothing. The existence of a thing called "cricket chat" likely suggests you're wrong.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"

    "When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

    "Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

  3. #1203
    International Coach HeathDavisSpeed's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Rummaging through Iain O'Brien's dustbins.
    Posts
    14,386
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    The posting from GIMP & Denuto & Markarse is making me hope for an India win in this test match.
    Corrected for Facts.

  4. #1204
    Virat Kohli (c) Jono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    54,888
    Denuto = Burgey?
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

    Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.


  5. #1205
    Hall of Fame Member Marcuss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Above you
    Posts
    15,564
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    No, you just being a ****wit making ridiculous assertions that players' records count for nothing. The existence of a thing called "cricket chat" likely suggests you're wrong.
    I'll repeat, he's doing a good job of proving me wrong. His performances 4 years ago were the perfect indicator to this series

  6. #1206
    Hall of Fame Member Furball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Anyone But England
    Posts
    19,988
    Quote Originally Posted by GeraintIsMyHero View Post
    Ha, were you involved with the Dunkirk videos? Where's Furball with the Iraq pic?



    I meant you can't use us having the better conditions as an excuse, tosspot.

    I like the snow FTR, it's ice that annoys me
    I'm posting on my phone, google 'Comical Ali' you lazy bastard.

    Can someone fill me in as to what the **** happened yesterday? Siddle's burst aside, it's been a pretty dull morning, nothing threatening at all from the bowlers and a pretty placid looking pitch. Was yesterday that much different or was it the usual when Australia have batted without Hussey making the scorecard respectable?

  7. #1207
    Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    The Castle
    Posts
    41,448
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcuss View Post
    I'll repeat, he's doing a good job of proving me wrong. His performances 4 years ago were the perfect indicator to this series
    Yes. I'm expecting Nathan Hauritz to tour India in four years time and take 45 wickets in three tests, because, well, what's gone before, she counts for nowt.

  8. #1208
    Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    On a trip to the moon
    Posts
    48,526
    Basically, we won the toss and bowled, got a bit of cloud cover, owned them (they were lucky to get past 50 tbh) then there was a bit of rain, it cleared,they bowled their usual filth, we owned them again.

    (For Furball)
    Quote Originally Posted by DingDong View Post
    gimh has now surpassed richard as the greatest cw member ever imo

    RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

  9. #1209
    International Debutant hazsa19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Buckingham
    Posts
    2,244
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    Not sure I agree. They've given plenty of quarter/half opportunities with some poor shot selection. They've ridden their luck and come through well in tough conditions, but I would say that's not how to play in these conditions. A bit more circumspection would be in order, because right now, I'd reckon the Aussies feel as if a wicket isn't far away.
    Nine times out of ten you simply have to have a bit of luck to survive against good bowling on a decent pitch.

    Trott doesn't look like throwing his wicket away. KP reigned himself in beautifully. We can't expect him to change his technique. Batting in Australia especially is about getting through the tough periods and prospering when things get a bit easier. if the sun comes out I would back KP to make a big one.

    Yesterday plenty of the Australians had their fair share of luck. But we created so many opportunities that they simply nicked one a couple of overs later.

  10. #1210
    Hall of Fame Member Marcuss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Above you
    Posts
    15,564
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    Yes. I'm expecting Nathan Hauritz to tour India in four years time and take 45 wickets in three tests, because, well, what's gone before, she counts for nowt.
    Yeah, assuming Hauritz performs well above his career average between now and then and it suddenly comes out Hauritz had a deformed index finger during that series.
    Apples and apples Burgey.

  11. #1211
    Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    The Castle
    Posts
    41,448
    Quote Originally Posted by GeraintIsMyHero View Post
    Basically, we won the toss and bowled, got a bit of cloud cover, owned them (they were lucky to get past 50 tbh) then there was a bit of rain, it cleared,they bowled their usual filth, we owned them again.

    (For Furball)
    Fairly accurate summary tbh.

    Not a bad interview with Cook on the tele at lunch here.

  12. #1212
    Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    On a trip to the moon
    Posts
    48,526
    Loving these highlights of the 06-07 ODI finals.

    Not because we won per se, as in normal circumstances it would have been hollow after the Tests. However, as some of you are aware, the day we beat NZ to get in the final, my twin daughters were born. The first night they were home, we won the first final (which is now being shown) and I remember watching it whilst doing about 12 night feeds that night. And the second, I remember making bottles as I watched.

    Might mean nothing in the grand scheme of things but will always be a really special series for me.

  13. #1213
    BARNES OUT dontcloseyoureyes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    WILDCARD, BITCHES
    Posts
    28,307
    These match threads are atrocious. English people, how about being less completely inflammatory ****s? Australians, grow the **** up and accept that we are losing with some form of grace. Uppercut and Furball, reserve your smack for when your countries actually play cricket.

    Honestly, the worst threads I've read on this forum since Borcich was a regular.
    The one, the only CW Black
    Code:
    47.3 W Coppinger to Heads 
        Smacked the ball straight into the groin of Iwuajoku who has fallen over, 
        miraculously with the ball still caught in his scrotal area! Out!

  14. #1214
    International Debutant hazsa19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Buckingham
    Posts
    2,244
    Quote Originally Posted by GeraintIsMyHero View Post
    Loving these highlights of the 06-07 ODI finals.

    Not because we won per se, as in normal circumstances it would have been hollow after the Tests. However, as some of you are aware, the day we beat NZ to get in the final, my twin daughters were born. The first night they were home, we won the first final (which is now being shown) and I remember watching it whilst doing about 12 night feeds that night. And the second, I remember making bottles as I watched.

    Might mean nothing in the grand scheme of things but will always be a really special series for me.
    You never know, it may have been the most important thing in the world.

    Nice story though. That's what I love about cricket, there are so many moments where people will remember where they were, and you can have a long and ridiculously drawn out conversation about it

  15. #1215
    Virat Kohli (c) Jono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    54,888
    Wonder if Twatto does Lee Furlong doggy style.

    Should have asked them when I saw them at Sydney airport on Wednesday



Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. ***Official*** Sri Lanka in India
    By James in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 1454
    Last Post: 30-12-2005, 02:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •