• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fourth Test at the MCG

Ruckus

International Captain
Isn't there alot of rain about in Sydney as well? Chances of a wash-out?
Sydney doesn't usually get prolonged periods of rain though, usually just showers. The SCG has often been quite green in recent times as well, so that coupled with overcast conditions it could make for some devastating bowling performances.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Isn't there alot of rain about in Sydney as well? Chances of a wash-out?
It's our turn next match to own England easily. So the way these things are going it will be a three day test. :ph34r:

Can't see Hilf playing in Sydney, personally. And if Siddle is suspended, I'd like to see Hairitz back in (fmd can't believe I'm saying that) and Dougeh back in.

Dougeh!

Dougeh.

Last edited:

Spikey

For all the stick Johnson is getting, and rightly so, the desperate mediocrity of Hilfenhaus is going relatively unnoticed. In this series so far he's taken just two wickets at an average of 141.50 at an incredible strikerate of 333.
yeah but those stats don't mention Hilf's "pressure".

Burgey

Hilf swings it so it's all ok!!!

Can take 1 wicket at a thousand and its all ok...

Last edited:

TumTum

Banned
I think the commentators were confusing Smith's slider with his half-tracker. Anyways I'll be going to the MCG tomorrow to witness the greatest comeback ever in Test history.

Burgey

Oh man. New pants time. Guys this effort today is what happens when you don't pick a bowler from NSW. (smith and watson don't count)
This. A much over-looked factor in this match.*

*Don't mention Adelaide.

Spikey

Hilf swings it so it's all ok!!!

Can take 1 wicket at a thousand and its all ok...
Hilfenhaus has bowled the most overs so far. Perhaps the Match Referee should also question Ponting about match/spot fixing.....

Ruckus

International Captain
Wow, the highest 3rd innings total post 1970 at the MCG is only 425, and that was in 1972. the highest in the 2000's is only 387. Haha, there is no hope!

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Not only did the Australian batsmen bat poorly ,the bowlers have bowled miserably too.

The English have been super with both.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I watched about 15 overs today at the absolute max and saw Trott french cut over the stumps, Trott edge at catchable height through the slips, KP hit something but apparently not the ball, and Prior {insert any of about 10 jammy things here}

Watched about 20 overs yesterday and saw Oz lose 9 for about 70

Obvious conclusion is that Oz are a lot better without me tuning in

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Thought the footage of the 1950s bowlers during the tea back was interesting. They didn't seem to have much of a jump in their actions but stayed low to the ground.

Well batted England. Interesting moment was the Johnson no ball.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Sigh. Terrible, terrible day of cricket from an Australian point of view. Can't agree at people saying England should declare now or by lunch tomorrow though. It's the end of the second day, FFS. They could bat all day tomorrow and still have no problem whatsoever wrapping it up. As it is I reckon they'd prefer to have us in by the last session tomorrow; going into the 4th day with all 10 wickets in hand would provide a chance of a draw, even though our top order has made it blatantly clear that they just CBF.

Burgey

Thought the footage of the 1950s bowlers during the tea back was interesting. They didn't seem to have much of a jump in their actions but stayed low to the ground.

Well batted England. Interesting moment was the Johnson no ball.
It's great to hear blokes like Benaud and Lawry talk about the guys they played with and against. Blokes like Norm O'Neill, Cowdrey, May, Davo, Wally Grout and Tyson.

Particularly interesting to hear Richie rate Tyson as slightly faster than Thommo. That would have been something to see!

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
It's great to hear blokes like Benaud and Lawry talk about the guys they played with and against. Blokes like Norm O'Neill, Cowdrey, May, Davo, Wally Grout and Tyson.

Particularly interesting to hear Richie rate Tyson as slightly faster than Thommo. That would have been something to see!
I thought most people who saw both thought Tyson was quicker? However its generally given that he had the advantage of bowling 2 feet closer to the batsman.

As you said though, would have been a sight to behold.