Page 81 of 172 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391131 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 2574

Thread: *Official* Fourth Test at the MCG

International Coach HeathDavisSpeed's Avatar
    Rummaging through Iain O'Brien's dustbins.
    Quote Originally Posted by hazsa19 View Post
    Great batting from Trott and KP. That's how you play Test Cricket in tough conditions.
    Not sure I agree. They've given plenty of quarter/half opportunities with some poor shot selection. They've ridden their luck and come through well in tough conditions, but I would say that's not how to play in these conditions. A bit more circumspection would be in order, because right now, I'd reckon the Aussies feel as if a wicket isn't far away.
    >>>>>>WHHOOOOOOOOOSHHHHHHH>>>>>>
    Fascist Dictator of the Heath Davis Appreciation Society
    Supporting Petone's Finest since the very start - Iain O'Brien
    Adam Wheater - Another batsman off the Essex production line
    Also Supporting the All Time #1 Batsman of All Time Ever - Jacques Kallis and the much maligned Peter Siddle.

Vimes tells it how it is:
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel_Vimes View Post
    Heath worryingly quick.

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcuss View Post
    Yeah, damn Anderson proving me wrong by being exactly the same as he was 4 years ago with a crocked back.
    No, you just being a ****wit making ridiculous assertions that players' records count for nothing. The existence of a thing called "cricket chat" likely suggests you're wrong.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"

"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

International Coach HeathDavisSpeed's Avatar
    Rummaging through Iain O'Brien's dustbins.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    The posting from GIMP & Denuto & Markarse is making me hope for an India win in this test match.
    Corrected for Facts.

Denuto = Burgey?
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    No, you just being a ****wit making ridiculous assertions that players' records count for nothing. The existence of a thing called "cricket chat" likely suggests you're wrong.
    I'll repeat, he's doing a good job of proving me wrong. His performances 4 years ago were the perfect indicator to this series

Quote Originally Posted by GeraintIsMyHero View Post
    Ha, were you involved with the Dunkirk videos? Where's Furball with the Iraq pic?

I meant you can't use us having the better conditions as an excuse, tosspot.

I like the snow FTR, it's ice that annoys me
    I'm posting on my phone, google 'Comical Ali' you lazy bastard.

Can someone fill me in as to what the **** happened yesterday? Siddle's burst aside, it's been a pretty dull morning, nothing threatening at all from the bowlers and a pretty placid looking pitch. Was yesterday that much different or was it the usual when Australia have batted without Hussey making the scorecard respectable?

Quote Originally Posted by Marcuss View Post
    I'll repeat, he's doing a good job of proving me wrong. His performances 4 years ago were the perfect indicator to this series
    Yes. I'm expecting Nathan Hauritz to tour India in four years time and take 45 wickets in three tests, because, well, what's gone before, she counts for nowt.

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Basically, we won the toss and bowled, got a bit of cloud cover, owned them (they were lucky to get past 50 tbh) then there was a bit of rain, it cleared,they bowled their usual filth, we owned them again.

(For Furball)
    Quote Originally Posted by DingDong View Post
    gimh has now surpassed richard as the greatest cw member ever imo

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    Not sure I agree. They've given plenty of quarter/half opportunities with some poor shot selection. They've ridden their luck and come through well in tough conditions, but I would say that's not how to play in these conditions. A bit more circumspection would be in order, because right now, I'd reckon the Aussies feel as if a wicket isn't far away.
    Nine times out of ten you simply have to have a bit of luck to survive against good bowling on a decent pitch.

Trott doesn't look like throwing his wicket away. KP reigned himself in beautifully. We can't expect him to change his technique. Batting in Australia especially is about getting through the tough periods and prospering when things get a bit easier. if the sun comes out I would back KP to make a big one.

Yesterday plenty of the Australians had their fair share of luck. But we created so many opportunities that they simply nicked one a couple of overs later.

Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    Yes. I'm expecting Nathan Hauritz to tour India in four years time and take 45 wickets in three tests, because, well, what's gone before, she counts for nowt.
    Yeah, assuming Hauritz performs well above his career average between now and then and it suddenly comes out Hauritz had a deformed index finger during that series.
    Apples and apples Burgey.

Basically, we won the toss and bowled, got a bit of cloud cover, owned them (they were lucky to get past 50 tbh) then there was a bit of rain, it cleared,they bowled their usual filth, we owned them again.

(For Furball)
    Fairly accurate summary tbh.

Not a bad interview with Cook on the tele at lunch here.

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Loving these highlights of the 06-07 ODI finals.

Not because we won per se, as in normal circumstances it would have been hollow after the Tests. However, as some of you are aware, the day we beat NZ to get in the final, my twin daughters were born. The first night they were home, we won the first final (which is now being shown) and I remember watching it whilst doing about 12 night feeds that night. And the second, I remember making bottles as I watched.

Might mean nothing in the grand scheme of things but will always be a really special series for me.

These match threads are atrocious. English people, how about being less completely inflammatory ****s? Australians, grow the **** up and accept that we are losing with some form of grace. Uppercut and Furball, reserve your smack for when your countries actually play cricket.

Honestly, the worst threads I've read on this forum since Borcich was a regular.
    The one, the only CW Black
    Code:
    47.3 W Coppinger to Heads 
        Smacked the ball straight into the groin of Iwuajoku who has fallen over, 
        miraculously with the ball still caught in his scrotal area! Out!

Loving these highlights of the 06-07 ODI finals.

Not because we won per se, as in normal circumstances it would have been hollow after the Tests. However, as some of you are aware, the day we beat NZ to get in the final, my twin daughters were born. The first night they were home, we won the first final (which is now being shown) and I remember watching it whilst doing about 12 night feeds that night. And the second, I remember making bottles as I watched.

Might mean nothing in the grand scheme of things but will always be a really special series for me.
    You never know, it may have been the most important thing in the world.

Nice story though. That's what I love about cricket, there are so many moments where people will remember where they were, and you can have a long and ridiculously drawn out conversation about it

Wonder if Twatto does Lee Furlong doggy style.

Should have asked them when I saw them at Sydney airport on Wednesday

Thread Information