• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fourth Test at the MCG

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Good decision by Strauss to insert the filth, saves him worrying about whether to make them follow on.

We'll be batting by tea.
My best ever call on CW, this

Given that we bowled them out before tea I think we can give it 100%

Poster of the Year 2010:GeraintIsMyHero. I dedicate this award to Burgey and Got_Spin, as they are both ****s.

hazsa19

International Regular
For all the banter and the bull****, anyone else think this is a pretty amazing and energetic days cricket?
Yep. It's what seperates Test Cricket from the rest.

In isolation that's Australias session, but England won't be unduly bothered, apart from Colly and Bell.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Will be interesting to hear what Benaud says at tea about that blow up. He usually doesn't pull any punches.

Last edited:

Uppercut

For all the banter and the bull****, anyone else think this is a pretty amazing and energetic days cricket?
I'm enjoying it a lot more than I expected, but it'd be much more exciting if the game had started this morning.

I still think England's bowlers will bail them out even if they do stuff it up a bit from here.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Prior better make this count.
Pity it wasnt a no ball as Prior looks absolutely mentally gutted by the Aussies

Anyway, much better display by Oz today and with any luck at all Eng would be close to being all out by now

Shame they were so inept yesterday - reminds me of the Lords test from last year where Oz could never catch up after a horrid couple of sessions

Top_Cat

Sidenote but that ball to get Prior was top top notch.

Still

:laugh:
Yes.

For around a centimetre's worth of leg-stretch from which he gained no real advantage, Johnson produced good play which deserved to be rewarded. ****house rule, for mine.

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Dunno if it was just the angle, but the light looked well bad when we got a close up on Athers just then

Craig

World Traveller
Yes.

For around a centimetre's worth of leg-stretch from which he gained no real advantage, Johnson produced good play which deserved to be rewarded. ****house rule, for mine.
So what is it for you, foot on the line (as per the Johnson case) and it is fine, but over it and it is a no-ball? Sorry, but I don't think over all these years I hadn't read what your views on the subject, and thus I would of been able to recall them.

vcs

Pietersen seems to have played a lot straighter this innings.. good signs from him.

pskov

International 12th Man
Yes.

You have to have the line somewhere. If you moved it up 5cm then bowlers would just aim to land their foot 5cm further forward.

Holding on Sky comms said it best: If you don't like having wickets taken off you for a no-ball, then don't bowl any no-balls.