• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fourth Test at the MCG

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
We still could be in this.
I agree. Keep England under 350, score 420 2nd dig and leave England to chase 170.

Lot of hard work to do but certainly not out of it. Long way to go. If England get 400 (which has to be their target,) I think it is a bridge too far.

Ruckus

International Captain
It's still a looooong shot.

But having ripped into the Aussies yesterday I have to admire the fact that they're going down fighting.
I always thought before this series, for us to win we would need to pull off at least one miraculous win. Hopefully this can be it. Not holding my breath :ph34r:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I love Colly. He's a player I can imagine myself telling my grandsons (should I have some) about in years to come. I think he should move aside after this series whilst my memories are fond. He has done far more than we could have expected from him come 03 (hence his selection still being wrong in some eyes) and given us lots of great innings. We probably wouldn't have won the Ashes last year and drawn in South Africa without him. He's a legend, but it's time to go, I think.

Not sure Morgan's the answer, but we'll see.

91Jmay

International Coach
Not sure i'm following this "fight back" England had a partnership today that scored more runs than Australia.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Fmd Bell, people are 10 yards to the side of the screen and he's asking them to move. Watch the ball ****, and you won't notice them.

Oscillatingmind

U19 Cricketer
CBF looking at other responses, but **** me Ponting and Siddle were complete wankers, at least Siddle is partly redeemed by just being a captains bitch and bowling okay.

Lose this, cant win the ashes, + Pontings 15 run average and today performance. Doesn't look pretty.

hazsa19

International Regular
Pure stubborness from the England management.

The strange thing is that Bell isn't particularly accomplished at playing with the tail, he's a proper batsmen.

The irony is in the fact that Collingwood built his reputation on manipulating the field in odis and shepharding the tail in test matches.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Love that image of Johnson chewing behind Ponting then in the replay of the controversy earlier. Completely nonchalant to anything going on.