• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fourth Test at the MCG

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I can't remember seeing anything like that from a captain and for that matter Siddle, what the **** were they thinking of, he should be in serious trouble for that big time. Nothing on snicko either.
Gatting and umpire Rana in Pakistan would be closest that I can think of. Certainly a long time back.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
I think if there was ever a sign that Ponting is done mentally as a cricketer that episode was it.

hazsa19

International Regular
Feel a bit sorry for KP. He played really nicely, somehow gets caught up in a disgraceful affair, then gets booed for it.

Not a nice 20 minutes, horrible that one of the offenders takes a wicket.

Redbacks

International Captain
There was snicko. No sound.

In 2005 the Ashes victory was amazing because we all admired the Aussie team. It made it so great because the Aussie played so hard and backed it up. There is little to like about this Aussie team and it starts from the top.

**** off Ponting you ****.
Think you are living in la la land if you expect to like every opponent.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Feel a bit sorry for KP. He played really nicely, somehow gets caught up in a disgraceful affair, then gets booed for it.

Not a nice 20 minutes, horrible that one of the offenders takes a wicket.
Yeah, and look, I'm not trying to be inflammatory, but he shouldn't have been booed. I booed Ponting when he came out to bat at Headingley last summer, but when he went to 50, I clapped him, and when he got out, clapped him even more, for a great innings.

Don't blame the Aussie fans though really as I know that as a supporter you really believe your players at times like that.

edit - should add, the whole ground applauded him, not just me

Last edited:

pskov

International 12th Man
Collingwood looks woeful out there. Would be typical of him to battle through and make the ugliest 60-odd you've ever seen.

Redbacks

International Captain
I can't remember seeing anything like that from a captain and for that matter Siddle, what the **** were they thinking of, he should be in serious trouble for that big time. Nothing on snicko either.
How long has the review system been in place. Bit of 'entanglement' in this case as the technology brought about the conditions which led to the incident.

hazsa19

International Regular
Yeah, and look, I'm not trying to be inflammatory, but he shouldn't have been booed. I booed Ponting when he came out to bat at Headingley last summer, but when he went to 50, I clapped him, and when he got out, clapped him even more, for a great innings.

Don't blame the Aussie fans though really as I know that as a supporter you really believe your players at times like that.
I was at Headingley that day and joined in the booing, but sort of enjoyed Pontings innings. It's always a pleasure to watch a great pull fast bowlers over mid-wicket with ease. And I clapped his innings when he left the field.

Just wish this booing lark would go away now, boring tbh.

And great a run-out is all we need