• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fourth Test at the MCG

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Filthy over from Watson first up. Been distracted by Lee Furlong IMO.

Not that you could blame him.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
3 Tests when he was coming back from injury, when he's been a much better and improved bowler since 2008 isn't a great indicator of how he'll go.

If Hauritz turned in some Swann like performances between now and the next time Australia go to India I'd argue that you shouldn't read too much into his prior performance in India.
Wasting your time mate.

Watson and Smith after lunch, gun

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
New ball will be interesting. Would expect it to do a bit given the conditions.

By do a bit, I mean hit for seven sixes in this session by the incumbent batsmen, FTR

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
These match threads are atrocious. English people, how about being less completely inflammatory ****s? Australians, grow the **** up and accept that we are losing with some form of grace. Uppercut and Furball, reserve your smack for when your countries actually play cricket.

Honestly, the worst threads I've read on this forum since Borcich was a regular.
****in' oath.

Denuto = Burgey?
Of course. Glass of water?

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Loving these highlights of the 06-07 ODI finals.

Not because we won per se, as in normal circumstances it would have been hollow after the Tests. However, as some of you are aware, the day we beat NZ to get in the final, my twin daughters were born. The first night they were home, we won the first final (which is now being shown) and I remember watching it whilst doing about 12 night feeds that night. And the second, I remember making bottles as I watched.

Might mean nothing in the grand scheme of things but will always be a really special series for me.
Wish I could say the same about yesterday's play, however a combination of a lack of 3G coverage at the gf's, being utterly knackered from Christmas Day and the wee one sleeping through the night meant I missed it all.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
New ball taken.

Reverse swing obviously not an Australian strength. Because that ball was moving, but no one knows how to use it bar Watson. And even he was bowling poo.

Spikey

These match threads are atrocious. English people, how about being less completely inflammatory ****s? Australians, grow the **** up and accept that we are losing with some form of grace. Uppercut and Furball, reserve your smack for when your countries actually play cricket.

Honestly, the worst threads I've read on this forum since Borcich was a regular.
post of the year.

Uppercut

New ball taken.

Reverse swing obviously not an Australian strength. Because that ball was moving, but no one knows how to use it bar Watson. And even he was bowling poo.
Hmm. One thing about reverse swing is that it's often entirely unplayable for a new batsman but just leaks runs when a batsman's set.