• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fourth Test at the MCG

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Great batting from Trott and KP. That's how you play Test Cricket in tough conditions.
Not sure I agree. They've given plenty of quarter/half opportunities with some poor shot selection. They've ridden their luck and come through well in tough conditions, but I would say that's not how to play in these conditions. A bit more circumspection would be in order, because right now, I'd reckon the Aussies feel as if a wicket isn't far away.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah, damn Anderson proving me wrong by being exactly the same as he was 4 years ago with a crocked back.
No, you just being a ****wit making ridiculous assertions that players' records count for nothing. The existence of a thing called "cricket chat" likely suggests you're wrong.

Jarquis

No, you just being a ****wit making ridiculous assertions that players' records count for nothing. The existence of a thing called "cricket chat" likely suggests you're wrong.
I'll repeat, he's doing a good job of proving me wrong. His performances 4 years ago were the perfect indicator to this series

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Ha, were you involved with the Dunkirk videos? Where's Furball with the Iraq pic?

I meant you can't use us having the better conditions as an excuse, tosspot.

I like the snow FTR, it's ice that annoys me
I'm posting on my phone, google 'Comical Ali' you lazy bastard. :D

Can someone fill me in as to what the **** happened yesterday? Siddle's burst aside, it's been a pretty dull morning, nothing threatening at all from the bowlers and a pretty placid looking pitch. Was yesterday that much different or was it the usual when Australia have batted without Hussey making the scorecard respectable?

Burgey

I'll repeat, he's doing a good job of proving me wrong. His performances 4 years ago were the perfect indicator to this series
Yes. I'm expecting Nathan Hauritz to tour India in four years time and take 45 wickets in three tests, because, well, what's gone before, she counts for nowt.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Basically, we won the toss and bowled, got a bit of cloud cover, owned them (they were lucky to get past 50 tbh) then there was a bit of rain, it cleared,they bowled their usual filth, we owned them again.

(For Furball)

hazsa19

International Regular
Not sure I agree. They've given plenty of quarter/half opportunities with some poor shot selection. They've ridden their luck and come through well in tough conditions, but I would say that's not how to play in these conditions. A bit more circumspection would be in order, because right now, I'd reckon the Aussies feel as if a wicket isn't far away.
Nine times out of ten you simply have to have a bit of luck to survive against good bowling on a decent pitch.

Trott doesn't look like throwing his wicket away. KP reigned himself in beautifully. We can't expect him to change his technique. Batting in Australia especially is about getting through the tough periods and prospering when things get a bit easier. if the sun comes out I would back KP to make a big one.

Yesterday plenty of the Australians had their fair share of luck. But we created so many opportunities that they simply nicked one a couple of overs later.

Jarquis

Yes. I'm expecting Nathan Hauritz to tour India in four years time and take 45 wickets in three tests, because, well, what's gone before, she counts for nowt.
Yeah, assuming Hauritz performs well above his career average between now and then and it suddenly comes out Hauritz had a deformed index finger during that series.
Apples and apples Burgey.

Burgey

Basically, we won the toss and bowled, got a bit of cloud cover, owned them (they were lucky to get past 50 tbh) then there was a bit of rain, it cleared,they bowled their usual filth, we owned them again.

(For Furball)
Fairly accurate summary tbh.

Not a bad interview with Cook on the tele at lunch here.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Loving these highlights of the 06-07 ODI finals.

Not because we won per se, as in normal circumstances it would have been hollow after the Tests. However, as some of you are aware, the day we beat NZ to get in the final, my twin daughters were born. The first night they were home, we won the first final (which is now being shown) and I remember watching it whilst doing about 12 night feeds that night. And the second, I remember making bottles as I watched.

Might mean nothing in the grand scheme of things but will always be a really special series for me.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
These match threads are atrocious. English people, how about being less completely inflammatory ****s? Australians, grow the **** up and accept that we are losing with some form of grace. Uppercut and Furball, reserve your smack for when your countries actually play cricket.

Honestly, the worst threads I've read on this forum since Borcich was a regular.

hazsa19

International Regular
Loving these highlights of the 06-07 ODI finals.

Not because we won per se, as in normal circumstances it would have been hollow after the Tests. However, as some of you are aware, the day we beat NZ to get in the final, my twin daughters were born. The first night they were home, we won the first final (which is now being shown) and I remember watching it whilst doing about 12 night feeds that night. And the second, I remember making bottles as I watched.

Might mean nothing in the grand scheme of things but will always be a really special series for me.
You never know, it may have been the most important thing in the world.

Nice story though. That's what I love about cricket, there are so many moments where people will remember where they were, and you can have a long and ridiculously drawn out conversation about it :laugh:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Wonder if Twatto does Lee Furlong doggy style.

Should have asked them when I saw them at Sydney airport on Wednesday :ph34r:

Jarquis

These match threads are atrocious. English people, how about being less completely inflammatory ****s? Australians, grow the **** up and accept that we are losing with some form of grace. Uppercut and Furball, reserve your smack for when your countries actually play cricket.

Honestly, the worst threads I've read on this forum since Borcich was a regular.
I get I'm probably included in this post but still, I've agreed with more of your posts in the last 3 days then ever before. You've changed.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
3 Tests when he was coming back from injury, when he's been a much better and improved bowler since 2008 isn't a great indicator of how he'll go.

If Hauritz turned in some Swann like performances between now and the next time Australia go to India I'd argue that you shouldn't read too much into his prior performance in India.

Uppercut

Uppercut and Furball, reserve your smack for when your countries actually play cricket.
Well if you like I can express the fact that Australia are ****e a little more nicely but telling it less straight would be a particularly odd request coming from you.

Last edited: