• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fourth Test at the MCG

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If we can somehow bowl England out for no more than 400, I reckon we could still fight our way back into this game. 400 would be a lead of about 300, then we would need a big second innings of 500 or more to set them up for a decent chase (or make a draw more likely).

A 500 or more second innings shouldn't be out of the question considering the pitch is very falt and the weather tommorow and onwards should be fine. However, we can only achieve that if Ponting, Hughes and Clarke step up for the first time in this series. And that's a big IF.
:laugh:

You may as well say, "we're not out of this because the entire England team might suddenly and randomly be struck down with typhoid on day 3, enabling Australia to salvage a draw after failing to hit the stumps in any of the last ten overs of the match against a passed-out Chris Tremlett lying flat on his face in front of the stumps."

Stapel

International Regular
If we can somehow bowl England out for no more than 400, I reckon we could still fight our way back into this game. 400 would be a lead of about 300, then we would need a big second innings of 500 or more to set them up for a decent chase (or make a draw more likely).

A 500 or more second innings shouldn't be out of the question considering the pitch is very falt and the weather tommorow and onwards should be fine. However, we can only achieve that if Ponting, Hughes and Clarke step up for the first time in this series. And that's a big IF.
Are you telling yourself that a 300 run first innings trail will give the Aussies a decent chance to win this test? Common! You really listen too much to Shane Warne's commentary :) .

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire

You may as well say, "we're not out of this because the entire England team might suddenly and randomly be struck down with typhoid on day 3, enabling Australia to salvage a draw after failing to hit the stumps in any of the last ten overs of the match against a passed-out Chris Tremlett lying flat on his face in front of the stumps."
Yeah look, I'd already said the below and it basically covered everything you said

It's the Australian version of me, lock him up

ANyhow, couple of fit shots here from Pietersen

I'm well on top tonight, kid bro did me a monsterous brandy once I'd had my fill of beer. We're gonna win the ****ing Ashes again, life is GOOD

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Lush drive from Pietersen there. Still playing away from his body a bit. Lucky for him Hilfenhaus is bowling and he just doesn't take wickets at all.

Ruckus

International Captain

Dying of laughter here...

Really don't see why it is not a real possibility that we bowl them out for 400, then make a big second innings total on a FLAT wicket. Sure, the chase would only be about 200, but it's still a chance.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)

Really don't see why it is not a real possibility that we bowl them out for 400, then make a big second innings total on a FLAT wicket. Sure, the chase would only be about 200, but it's still a chance.
Australia can do it no doubt. But they need England to begin throwing ala Pakistan in Sydney to really have a chance.

Stapel

International Regular

There is no logic in thinking that Aus will take 8 wickets leaking 200 runs and than making 500 themselves..... Just not on!

LegionOfBrad

International Debutant

While its not a mine field i don't really think its a flat wicket.

hazsa19

International Regular
I probably prematurely said it was make or break when MJ came on to bowl yesterday.

Is it now time for make or break?