• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fourth Test at the MCG

Woodster

International Captain
Siddle got one to pop on Strauss and make it a great start to the morning for the downbeat Aussies.

Come on KP!!

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Meh, I just assumed that 'cool' by Aussie standards meant 'barely creeping into the 20s. 14 is almost cold even by our standards.

Nice catch from Hussey.
Aussie standards doesn't include Melbourne. Weather wise it is just a roller coaster ride.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
He deserved that, TBH. Colly a walking wicket and a tail that has hardly got a run, this ain't over yet, need a quick 50 from KP to steady us.

Why can't we just make it easy.

hazsa19

International Regular
Every time I hear 'mr cricket' I wanna punch something.

Such a terrible nickname. If one of our players had that nickname he would be lambasted up and down the land.

hazsa19

International Regular
He deserved that, TBH. Colly a walking wicket and a tail that has hardly got a run, this ain't over yet, need a quick 50 from KP to steady us.

Why can't we just make it easy.
Lol come on give em a break.

We bowled Australia out for less than a 100 and have a 75 run lead with 8 wickets in hand.

Isn't that making things easy?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Cracking catch from Hussey. Deserves to be on a better team tbh.

Light meters? **** off. Crims cheating again.

Ruckus

International Captain
If we can somehow bowl England out for no more than 400, I reckon we could still fight our way back into this game. 400 would be a lead of about 300, then we would need a big second innings of 500 or more to set them up for a decent chase (or make a draw more likely).

A 500 or more second innings shouldn't be out of the question considering the pitch is very falt and the weather tommorow and onwards should be fine. However, we can only achieve that if Ponting, Hughes and Clarke step up for the first time in this series. And that's a big IF.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Lol come on give em a break.

We bowled Australia out for less than a 100 and have a 75 run lead with 8 wickets in hand.

Isn't that making things easy?
I'll give 'em a break when the series is won, resolutely downcast until that happens, it's our way.

hazsa19

International Regular
I'll give 'em a break when the series is won, resolutely downcast until that happens, it's our way.
I have been the same. But after yesterday I have made a life changing decision to be resolutely upbeat. No matter how bad things get in the future.

Example: ball drops short, Siddle will take a blow and MJ will come on to serve up some meat and drink for our Saffers.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
If we can somehow bowl England out for no more than 400, I reckon we could still fight our way back into this game. 400 would be a lead of about 300, then we would need a big second innings of 500 or more to set them up for a decent chase (or make a draw more likely).

A 500 or more second innings shouldn't be out of the question considering the pitch is very falt and the weather tommorow and onwards should be fine. However, we can only achieve that if Ponting, Hughes and Clarke step up for the first time in this series. And that's a big IF.
It's the Australian version of me, lock him up

King Pietersen

International Captain
****house shot from Pietersen. If that had carried to Watson at slip I'd have been fuming. Can't think of much worse right now than Pietersen out b. Siddle c. Watson for 0.