• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fourth Test at the MCG

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Pushed very hard, but credit to the bowler for putting it in the right spot and moving it.
I wouldn't say that ball was in the right area. It didn't even pretend to consider thinking about threatening the stumps.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah true, but that's two out of eight. Two bad shots =/= 8/80
It doesn't, but it doesn't mean you can't talk about how poor the shots were without being expected to bring up every dismissal in the innings and whether or not it was good bowling.

I think it can be taken as a given that someone thinks the rest of the wickets fell mainly due to good bowling. I think the ball to Haddin was a good one too, in a good area, but he played it very poorly to get out to it.

Unfortunately, with the form most of our batsmen are in at the moment, decent balls in a good area are more than enough to cause this to happen.

Hope Siddle and Harris put on 300 though :happy:

Burgey

Haha, you know he'd be right on the Australian XI teamsheet. :P
Wouldn't have played first class cricket given we had a drought for a decade and the ball didn't swing. Would have gone undiscovered.

To think the world may never have found out what a prized **** he really is. Would have been horrible.

flibbertyjibber

Shows how woeful this is when you get woken up by Nasser getting excited on commentary. :laugh:

Should polish this off quickly and be ahead today and win by an innings again.

Uppercut

Haddin's was terrible too. What made it worse was that you could see it coming from the way he was playing beforehand.
Haha yeah, was dire. Smith's was worse though. At least if Haddin had got lucky enough to middle his or slash it over the slips he might have got some runs.

91Jmay

International Coach
Wouldn't have played first class cricket given we had a drought for a decade and the ball didn't swing. Would have gone undiscovered.

To think the world may never have found out what a prized **** he really is. Would have been horrible.
Well in your hypothetic arguement he would be an Aussie so the rest of the world would have made the natural assumption.

JBH001

International Regular

:laugh:

Returning to the cricket, I don't think Jimmy will get that 5-fer. I reckon Swann needs to come on, last thing England need is a stubborn tail end partnership.

Ruckus

International Captain
Anderson has bowled very well - the perfect amount of movement. All credit to him.

Adelaide was an example of us batting very poorly rather than England bowling particularly well, but this is more an example of excellent bowling from England imo.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I'd rather us declare for 78 than give him a 5 fer on Australian soil. Not worthy.
This. Hate the man pretty thoroughly tbh.

I take immense satisfaction in sich bitterness

And there goes another :D