Melbourne Metropolitan Area
    Yeah, BOM is, the 28-day rain chart isn't always
    + time's fickle card game ~ with you and i +

get ready for a broken ****in' arm

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    siddle out
    jon holland in

U19 Cricketer
    johnson bowls well on these slow low pitches- this is where his cutters will come in handy.

dunno how finn will bowl down here, a lack of variation on a slow pitch may be an issue. bring in shahzad- pace goes well in melbourne, especially in the second innings.

swann has to bowl well i'd think if they're to take 20 wickets.

Punter and Hughes to ton up on day 1, Johnson and Siddle to bowl well against the demoralised england top order.

Watch out for pietersen, its just the type of pitch he'd enjoy

U19 Cricketer
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
    siddle out
    jon holland in
    na siddle bowled beautifully here 2 years ago. on a low pitch with a bit of variation, he attacks the stumps with hostility.

jon holland/any spinner besides hauritz will offer nothing- a wasted position.
    Pick the best four bowlers in the country

Stranger leering through a pair of binoculars
    Unless they decide to pick Hauritz I'd prefer the same bowling attack honestly. Need to pick our best 4 bowlers
    Mark Waugh
    "He's [Michael Clarke] on Twitter saying sorry for not walking? Mate if he did that in our side there'd be hell to play. AB would chuck his Twitter box off the balcony or whatever it is. Sorry for not walking? Jesus Christ man."
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing not to put it into a fruit salad
    RIP Craigos

Same bowling attack or Hauritz in for Siddle/Hilf. Would prefer Hauritz in for Hilf myself.

I think one of Hilfenhaus or Siddle should be replaced (preferably with Bollinger) but it's hard to pick which one. On one hand Hilfenhaus has been keeping things tight, but just doesn't take enough wickets in a spell, whilst Siddle has been a bit erratic but has the potential to have a devastating spell like at the Gabba. I'd probably drop Hilf, because the MCG will likely be pretty damn good for batting and we are going to need proper wicket takers.
    Last edited by Ruckus; 18-12-2010 at 11:33 PM.

International Vice-Captain Redbacks's Avatar
    Most were impressed by hilf's performance but he should still be in a bit of doubt for Melbourne. He was great in tandem with Mitch on day 2 but should the roles need to be reversed he just doesn't have a good enough strike rate to warrant selection. I'm sure with the pressure off a 'bigger picture' look will be made for the G
    Last edited by Redbacks; 18-12-2010 at 11:31 PM.

U19 Cricketer
    Quote Originally Posted by DeusEx View Post
    I think one of Hilfenhaus or Siddle should be replaced (preferably with Bollinger) but it's hard to pick which one. On one hand Hilfenhaus has been keeping things tight, but just doesn't take enough wickets in a spell, whilst Siddle has been a bit erratic but has the potential to have a devastating spell like at the Gabba. I'd probably drop Hilf, because the MCG will likely be pretty damn good for batting and we are going to need to take wickets.
    what makes you think bollinger wont be undercooked/rubbish like in adelaide. hes only played 10 tests or so and maybe his good form there was the 'off-day' as opposed to his bad form. He's done not much in recent memory to command a position. If it aint broke dont fix it

Stranger leering through a pair of binoculars
    Reckon Hilfenhaus played a perfect role in the match. He's not picking up the wickets, but he keeps it tight and works perfectly in a 4 man pace attack. If, however, they were to consider a spinner (Hauritz hopefully????), I might have to re-evaluate my stance.

drop clarke, if they can drop/rest the leading wicket taker from last year then what has clarke done sinse march to prove himself when the team needs him? Kwhaja has proven he deserves a call up for the g
    I know it won't happen tho

Quote Originally Posted by vicleggie View Post
    what makes you think bollinger wont be undercooked/rubbish like in adelaide. hes only played 10 tests or so and maybe his good form there was the 'off-day' as opposed to his bad form. He's done not much in recent memory to command a position. If it aint broke dont fix it
    Because for the majority of his career (both in tests, FC and ODIs) he has been excellent. Fitness surely shouldn't be an issue for him now either. Also, we can't rely on Johnson or Harris to produce match winning spells every game. While it's good to have someone who keeps things tight, they also need to be able to step up and take wickets. Hilfenhaus just doesn't seem to be able to do that (yet to even have a 5-for in tests).

U19 Cricketer
    Quote Originally Posted by schearzie View Post
    drop clarke, if they can drop/rest the leading wicket taker from last year then what has clarke done sinse march to prove himself when the team needs him? Kwhaja has proven he deserves a call up for the g
    I know it won't happen tho
    I agree, but apparantly you "know nothing about cricket" on this forum if you even dare to suggest that clarkes poor form could see him potentially out of the team for a bit.

U19 Cricketer
    Quote Originally Posted by DeusEx View Post
    Because for the majority of his career (both in tests, FC and ODIs) he has been excellent. Fitness surely shouldn't be an issue for him now either. Also, we can't rely on Johnson or Harris to produce match winning spells every game. While it's good to have someone who keeps things tight, they also need to be able to step up and take wickets. Hilfenhaus just doesn't seem to be able to do that (yet to even have a 5-for in tests).
    fair point. just looked at his fc stats they're a lot better than hilfs.
    if they feel that he's in some sort of form and still not working his way back, maybe they should pick him

Quote Originally Posted by vicleggie View Post
    I agree, but apparantly you "know nothing about cricket" on this forum if you even dare to suggest that clarkes poor form could see him potentially out of the team for a bit.
    Potentially he could eventually, but Clarke has runs on the board and Smith doesn't and currently Hughes doesn't either.

Clarke isn't going anywhere until the worst batsman in the team get dropped and the guys coming in perform very well with Clarke still underperforming.

Page 3 of 172 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread Information