• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fourth Test at the MCG

The Battlers Prince

International Vice-Captain
drop clarke, if they can drop/rest the leading wicket taker from last year then what has clarke done sinse march to prove himself when the team needs him? Kwhaja has proven he deserves a call up for the g
I know it won't happen tho

Ruckus

International Captain
what makes you think bollinger wont be undercooked/rubbish like in adelaide. hes only played 10 tests or so and maybe his good form there was the 'off-day' as opposed to his bad form. He's done not much in recent memory to command a position. If it aint broke dont fix it
Because for the majority of his career (both in tests, FC and ODIs) he has been excellent. Fitness surely shouldn't be an issue for him now either. Also, we can't rely on Johnson or Harris to produce match winning spells every game. While it's good to have someone who keeps things tight, they also need to be able to step up and take wickets. Hilfenhaus just doesn't seem to be able to do that (yet to even have a 5-for in tests).

vicleggie

State Vice-Captain
drop clarke, if they can drop/rest the leading wicket taker from last year then what has clarke done sinse march to prove himself when the team needs him? Kwhaja has proven he deserves a call up for the g
I know it won't happen tho
I agree, but apparantly you "know nothing about cricket" on this forum if you even dare to suggest that clarkes poor form could see him potentially out of the team for a bit.

vicleggie

State Vice-Captain
Because for the majority of his career (both in tests, FC and ODIs) he has been excellent. Fitness surely shouldn't be an issue for him now either. Also, we can't rely on Johnson or Harris to produce match winning spells every game. While it's good to have someone who keeps things tight, they also need to be able to step up and take wickets. Hilfenhaus just doesn't seem to be able to do that (yet to even have a 5-for in tests).
fair point. just looked at his fc stats they're a lot better than hilfs.
if they feel that he's in some sort of form and still not working his way back, maybe they should pick him

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I agree, but apparantly you "know nothing about cricket" on this forum if you even dare to suggest that clarkes poor form could see him potentially out of the team for a bit.
Potentially he could eventually, but Clarke has runs on the board and Smith doesn't and currently Hughes doesn't either.

Clarke isn't going anywhere until the worst batsman in the team get dropped and the guys coming in perform very well with Clarke still underperforming.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
The heirarchy will know what they're going to get from Hilfenhaus, they will not be confident of that from Bollinger. Doubt we will see any more quicks added to the squad for this game.

Personally, I wouldn't mind the spinner being added into the team at the MCG. If it's what it usually is at the 'G (a slow pooper) then that change of pace can be pretty handy. But the only change that I'd want is Hauritz, not Beer. If Beer stays in the squad, I don't really mind playing four quicks as much.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
fair point. just looked at his fc stats they're a lot better than hilfs.
if they feel that he's in some sort of form and still not working his way back, maybe they should pick him
The selectors will not drop one of the 4 quicks (barring injury) for another fast bowler after winning this match. It's either a spinner coming in for Hilf or Siddle or we are keeping the 4 quicks.

vicleggie

State Vice-Captain
Potentially he could eventually, but Clarke has runs on the board and Smith doesn't and currently Hughes doesn't either.

Clarke isn't going anywhere until the worst batsman in the team get dropped and the guys coming in perform very well with Clarke still underperforming.
fair enough dropping him for melbourne would be crazy talk now, but his problem is that he doesnt even look good (unlike ponting). technically he looks off track and his judgement and footwork is way off. he needs time in the middle whether in shield cricket or waiting it out in a test innings, without playing a stupid shot, to get in form.

Spark

Global Moderator
If we're talking about looking good, he was looking a million dollars in the last innings.

All that proves - as with Ponting - is that looking good matters very little if you don't turn it into runs.

vicleggie

State Vice-Captain
If we're talking about looking good, he was looking a million dollars in the last innings.

All that proves - as with Ponting - is that looking good matters very little if you don't turn it into runs.
he looked aggressive, not good. hit a few good shots, but didnt seem composed, or that he knew waht to leave (Essential in perth)

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
The selectors will not drop one of the 4 quicks (barring injury) for another fast bowler after winning this match. It's either a spinner coming in for Hilf or Siddle or we are keeping the 4 quicks.
All I can think of is Headingley and The Oval 09. I certainly hope history repeats itself.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
All I can think of is Headingley and The Oval 09. I certainly hope history repeats itself.
You mean the groundsman will get MOTM like at The Oval?

Hauritz another ton today. Mark of a man is acknowledging your mistakes. Selectors should grow a pair and pick him, certainly for Sydney.

Last edited:

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The heirarchy will know what they're going to get from Hilfenhaus, they will not be confident of that from Bollinger. Doubt we will see any more quicks added to the squad for this game.

Personally, I wouldn't mind the spinner being added into the team at the MCG. If it's what it usually is at the 'G (a slow pooper) then that change of pace can be pretty handy. But the only change that I'd want is Hauritz, not Beer. If Beer stays in the squad, I don't really mind playing four quicks as much.
This plus given the fact that Smith is not the best no.6 in Oz, he needs to bowl a bit and he bowls spin so ....

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
You mean the groundsman will get MOTM like at The Oval?

Hauritz another ton today. Mark of a man is acknowledging your mistakes. Selectors should grow a pair and pick him, certainly for Sydney.
Yeah it was almost as if we didn't have to bat on the same wicket as the filth. GAGFC.