• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fourth Test at the MCG

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Lovely

Hughes must average about 2 against us...this is the great hope of Australian crikcet :laugh:

Joke player, joke country

JBH001

International Regular
Haha! Hughes gone! Get lost you sack of **** opening batsman. Terrible shot to a straight ball outside off.

Spark

Global Moderator
So which Michael Clarke will turn up today? The Clarke who can't see the ball, or the Clarke who tries to hit everything for four?

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ah the joys of the net, make my post after the 2nd Ponting 4 and it was slow to go on and we get Hughes first ball of the next over. :laugh:

Delighted for Bresnan, need more though.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Bresnan deputising for Finn perfectly it seems. Come on after a fine but unrewarded spell of bowling by Anderson/Broad/Tremlett/Swann, go for runs but get over-attacked as a result of the pressure release and strike with an average delivery. Credit to him though; I feared for him that he'd emulate Finn's ability to release the pressure without taking the wickets.

Dire from Hughes tbh.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
**** me dead...have a look at the bloke before you try to smash him...although I guess it worked with Tremlett.

Found out he was gone on here before I saw it.

Reckon they should keep bowling short for Ponting to pull too, it's good to watch.

pskov

International 12th Man
Lovely

Hughes must average about 2 against us...this is the great hope of Australian crikcet :laugh:

Joke player, joke country
It's alright bullying around popgun bowlers like Steyn and Morkel, but when you face real quality like Tim Bresnan there's no place for chancers.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Wow, Hughes does not look like one who should be playing Test cricket. Why do Australia have people like him and Steve Smith when the likes of Dave Hussey, Brad Hodge, Usman Khawaja are knocking on the doors of selection with FC century after century.

hazsa19

International Regular
I wouldn't say it was a bad ball. It wasn't a half volley and it wasn't short.

That's the sort of length that seems to produce the sort of wafty drive from a hot headed youngster.

PS I love the reaction of the angry aussie behind Pietersen when taking that catch.