• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fourth Test at the MCG

JBH001

International Regular
Hughes is many things. A good batsman may or may not be one of them, but a FTB certainly isn't. He's actually scored most of his runs both in First Class and Test cricket on the spicier decks he's played on.
I've never seen these knocks; against SA in SA, presumably?

What I have seen from him has left me unimpressed with his qualities as a batsman, let alone an opening batsman. He does have a great eye, I'll give him that much. But otherwise I don't see anything else worth rating. Of course, he'll probably score a hundred today.

And Watto is gone! Used up all his lives.

pskov

International 12th Man
If you call a dropped catch from a half volley and one from a long hop "on fire" then yeah...
First drop wasn't anywhere near a half-volley, second one wasn't too clever a delivery to be fair.

Gone now anyway. Watson looked about as crap as a batsman can in a 12 ball innings.