Page 172 of 172 FirstFirst ... 72122162170171172
Results 2,566 to 2,574 of 2574

Thread: *Official* Fourth Test at the MCG

  1. #2566
    Hall of Fame Member Howe_zat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Top floor, bottom buzzer
    Posts
    16,420
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    Quite. They make ours look look, well, competent.

    Persisting (as seems likely with no other specialist bats in the XII) with Smith @ #6 is Quixotic and then retention of Beer over Hauritz (playing on his own track, taking wickets, scoring runs, etc) defies logic. It compounds the error of selecting Beer initially because (presumably) they won't say mea culpa and admit they ****ed up.
    New favourite word.
    Every 5 years we have an election and have to decide who are the least obnoxious out of all the men. Then one gets in and they age really quickly. Which is always fun to watch.

  2. #2567
    Cricketer Of The Year four_or_six's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    9,189
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    Quite. They make ours look look, well, competent.

    Persisting (as seems likely with no other specialist bats in the XII) with Smith @ #6 is Quixotic and then retention of Beer over Hauritz (playing on his own track, taking wickets, scoring runs, etc) defies logic. It compounds the error of selecting Beer initially because (presumably) they won't say mea culpa and admit they ****ed up.
    It's not just the dubious selections that seem to have been going on a while. They also provided us with such a lol-worthy start to the series with the 17-man squad. It looked chaotic.

  3. #2568
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Canberra
    Posts
    23,856
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    Quite. They make ours look look, well, competent.

    Persisting (as seems likely with no other specialist bats in the XII) with Smith @ #6 is Quixotic and then retention of Beer over Hauritz (playing on his own track, taking wickets, scoring runs, etc) defies logic. It compounds the error of selecting Beer initially because (presumably) they won't say mea culpa and admit they ****ed up.
    Biggest difference in the selectors between the two teams for mine is that England were willing to drop Finn for this game, even though he'd been your highest wicket taker. If it were Hilditch and co., they'd be raving about how this young bowler has come along leaps and bounds and, despite being expensive, keeps taking those important wickets.
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Only a bunch of convicts having been beaten 3-0 and gone 9 tests without a win and won just 1 in 11 against England could go into the home series saying they will win. England will win in Australia again this winter as they are a better side which they have shown this summer. 3-0 doesn't lie girls.

  4. #2569
    International 12th Man
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    uk
    Posts
    1,709
    Quote Originally Posted by andyc View Post
    Biggest difference in the selectors between the two teams for mine is that England were willing to drop Finn for this game, even though he'd been your highest wicket taker. If it were Hilditch and co., they'd be raving about how this young bowler has come along leaps and bounds and, despite being expensive, keeps taking those important wickets.
    Tbf, on tours it is Strauss and Flower that pick the team. The selectors just pick the touring party.


  5. #2570
    International 12th Man Rant0r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Country West Australia
    Posts
    1,534
    Quote Originally Posted by andyc View Post
    Biggest difference in the selectors between the two teams for mine is that England were willing to drop Finn for this game, even though he'd been your highest wicket taker. If it were Hilditch and co., they'd be raving about how this young bowler has come along leaps and bounds and, despite being expensive, keeps taking those important wickets.
    *nods aggressively*

  6. #2571
    Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    17,227
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Eh? He acknowledged the English in his post.
    That's irrelevant.

    Bemoaning the efforts of your cricket team has been frowned upon here since mid-2009.

    Won't someone just give someone some credit for God's sake!?
    "What is this what is this who is this guy shouting what is this going on in here?" - CP. (re: psxpro)

    R.I.P Craigos, you were a champion bloke. One of the best

    R.I.P Fardin 'Bob' Qayyumi

    Member of the Church of the Holy Glenn McGrath

    "How about you do something contstructive in this forum for once and not fill the forum with ****. You offer nothing." - theegyptian.

  7. #2572
    Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    17,227
    Quote Originally Posted by four_or_six View Post
    They also provided us with such a lol-worthy start to the series with the 17-man squad. It looked chaotic.
    Yeah, it was symbolic of the way the series was going from the beginning really. England calm and settled, and Australia headless and not sure what options to take.

  8. #2573
    International 12th Man Rant0r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Country West Australia
    Posts
    1,534
    Quote Originally Posted by son of coco View Post
    that's irrelevant.

    Bemoaning the efforts of your cricket team has been frowned upon here since mid-2009.

    won't someone just give someone some credit for god's sake!?
    thankyou!!!

  9. #2574
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Furball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Anyone But England
    Posts
    20,051
    bump



Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. ***Official*** Sri Lanka in India
    By James in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 1454
    Last Post: 30-12-2005, 02:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •