Page 170 of 172 FirstFirst ... 70120160168169170171172 LastLast
Results 2,536 to 2,550 of 2574

Thread: *Official* Fourth Test at the MCG

Cricket Web Staff Member archie mac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Son Of Coco View Post
    Don't worry Archie, they might be top of The Ashes tree, but they're still bottom of the gene pool
    true and the pound is **** compared to the Aussie dollar
    You know it makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by four_or_six View Post
    Thought Swann just said Colly had brought it into the dressing room, not made it up. Cbf to re-watch the diary though so could just be mis-remembering.

I think it's great that they're doing it if the fans want them to, it's a nice bit of fun.
    No, your right in the video diary, Swanny said Colly had showed him it, but he didn't know where he got it from.

Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vcs View Post
    Who the **** came up with that "sprinkler" dance... it's horrendous.
    It was someone a long time ago mate, possibly the 70's or 80's. These blokes have just borrowed it.
    "What is this what is this who is this guy shouting what is this going on in here?" - CP. (re: psxpro)

R.I.P Craigos, you were a champion bloke. One of the best

R.I.P Fardin 'Bob' Qayyumi

Member of the Church of the Holy Glenn McGrath

"How about you do something contstructive in this forum for once and not fill the forum with ****. You offer nothing." - theegyptian.

Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Goughy View Post
    You need to get out more

It is a little cringe worthy when it is claimed that Collingwood made it up

Fair enough if people have not seen it before but watching it is like hearing people make "phone a friend" or "you are the weakest link" jokes.

Anyway, great win. Hopefully do the business properly with a win in Sydney.
    Haha, yeah I agree. It can be seen occasionally on dance floors etc in Oz when people are mucking around.

Has been around for a long, long time.

FBU
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacknife View Post
    No, your right in the video diary, Swanny said Colly had showed him it, but he didn't know where he got it from.

The perception here is that youíre enjoying your time out there, especially with crazes like the sprinkler danceÖ

Anderson
    Weíve heard a lot of people have seen that. We had a practice match in Adelaide and I said, ďIf we win, Iím going out tonight and Iím doing the sprinkler dance.Ē Someone asked what it was and it just took off from there. But I didnít invent it, itís something that I saw years ago out in Burnley.

The Telegraph

The dance, ironically invented around the BBQs of Australia in the 1980s, involves holding an arm out and imitating the jaunty rotation of a garden sprinkler.

Wiki

The move originated in the 1980s but was created during the summer of 1978 by an unnamed high school male adolescent who lived in University Park, TX. This was during the disco days of Saturday Night Fever and "The Bump". He saw some very big sprinklers on the grounds of the University Park pool and was intrigued at the inordinate amount of water they propelled. It has been shown in the movies: House Party and A Night at the Roxbury

International Debutant Black_Warrior's Avatar
    Australia Loses The Ashes And Boxing Day Test

A rare sane piece on the defeat in Australian media..
    Seriously I hate this about Australian culture..they just cannot be open minded and mature and acknowledge that the other side played better.. No they have to win everything.. Its no longer a sport with that attitude

Indeed. As far as I know no one in our cricket team has cheated, bribed, been abusive in public, harassed, raped or assaulted anyone.
    + time's fickle card game ~ with you and i +

get ready for a broken ****in' arm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    Agree that no-one died but articles criticising people for taking sport seriously in this country are pretty boring too. What happened to 'to each their own'? Just as odious to go after the manic sport types.
    The Colourphonics

Bandcamp
    Twitderp

International Vice-Captain Redbacks's Avatar
    Fairfax v News Corp.....another great rivalry

Hall of Fame Member honestbharani's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    The most annoying thing about that was the fact that I'm sure people will use them against Haddin in six months when we have the biannual Haddin keeping debate.
    Haddin is bloody good, both as a bat and as a keeper.. Don't understand all the fuss about him not cutting it at all, tbh..
    We miss you, Fardin. :(. RIP.
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    In the end, I think it's so utterly, incomprehensibly boring. There is so much context behind each innings of cricket that dissecting statistics into these small samples is just worthless. No-one has ever been faced with the same situation in which they come out to bat as someone else. Ever.
    A cricket supporter forever

Member of CW Red and AAAS - Appreciating only the best.

Check out this awesome e-fed:

PWE Efed

Stranger leering through a pair of binoculars
    Thought the sprinkler was kind of funny. Went out on the piss last night and there were literally thousands of poms drinking everywhere. Gave a bit of lip to a group of English blokes in a pub and they all responded by doing a group sprinkler.

I also went to the Barmy Army sponsored pub for a while just to check it out. The reduced cost of beer didn't make up for the constant chanting.
    Mark Waugh
    "He's [Michael Clarke] on Twitter saying sorry for not walking? Mate if he did that in our side there'd be hell to play. AB would chuck his Twitter box off the balcony or whatever it is. Sorry for not walking? Jesus Christ man."
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing not to put it into a fruit salad
    RIP Craigos

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Do you know who they are now?
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    And where they come from?
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"

"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

International Debutant Black_Warrior's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat View Post
    Agree that no-one died but articles criticising people for taking sport seriously in this country are pretty boring too. What happened to 'to each their own'? Just as odious to go after the manic sport types.
    No I disagree with that part too.. I take sports, well cricket to be precise very seriously too but I can also handle defeats. And I thing calling one Ashes defeat in Australia in 24 years a disgrace is itself a disgrace. And it is not over yet...it could very well be 2-2. That exaggeration in the media is what I am criticising.

Hall of Fame Member honestbharani's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    No, you just being a ****wit making ridiculous assertions that players' records count for nothing. The existence of a thing called "cricket chat" likely suggests you're wrong.
    lol.. Marcuss is arguing that stats are the best way to judge players over on another thread, isn't he?

Thread Information