Page 17 of 172 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767117 ... LastLast

Thread: *Official* Fourth Test at the MCG

Cricket Web Staff Member Woodster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    No doubt in my mind Shahzad is already the better bowler. Not absolutely express, but possessed of the sort of Simon Jones/Shane Bond, slippery, swingy kind of pace. Bowls high 80s/low 90s regularly. Probably our quickest bowler in the squad. Not tall (well, as fast bowlers go) so bowls a wicket-to-wicket line and threatens the stumps a lot.

Reverses the old ball and shapes his deliveries nicely back into left handers before the ball leaves them; with Hussey proved a massive pain in the aris this could be crucial.
    Would be surprised if his pace is that consistently high, would have thought mid 80's, slightly nippier than Jimmy may be where you would find him more consistently. Is capable of the odd sharp spell though. Good analysis of him though BB.
    http://batallday.blogspot.com/ - Cricket blog dedicated to domestic cricket.

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
    I can't help but think about what a powerful, choking atmosphere it's going to be for us in the MCG on Boxing Day. A cauldron, colosseum, call it what you want.

I think we're going to get done here, and it'll all come down to Sydney as to whether we retain the Ashes.

Quote Originally Posted by treamcast34 View Post
    I can't help but think about what a powerful, choking atmosphere it's going to be for us in the MCG on Boxing Day. A cauldron, colosseum, call it what you want.

I think we're going to get done here, and it'll all come down to Sydney as to whether we retain the Ashes.
    If I was an English cricketer, I think my ultimate dream would be to walk out at Boxing Day at the MCG, with the Ashes finely poised and a full house creating a cauldron of an atmosphere baying for my wicket. I can't imagine many greater stages than that on which to play the game.

Pietersen will get 150+, am willing to bet my avatar until the end of the Sydney Test on this one. (bet is void if Pietersen is left stranded by a lower order collapse) This sort of stage is made for him.

Quote Originally Posted by GingerFurball View Post
    If I was an English cricketer, I think my ultimate dream would be to walk out at Boxing Day at the MCG, with the Ashes finely poised and a full house creating a cauldron of an atmosphere baying for my wicket. I can't imagine many greater stages than that on which to play the game.

Pietersen will get 150+, am willing to bet my avatar until the end of the Sydney Test on this one. (bet is void if Pietersen is left stranded by a lower order collapse) This sort of stage is made for him.
    I''d take that bet, but for the fact that I like your avatar as it stands.
    I'm always suspicious of shops that sell bait.

International Vice-Captain Faisal1985's Avatar

Yea you smell a slow deck so, yes you can bet on this.

True about the great stage though.
    BE AFRIDI!
    Be VERY AFRIDI!!

International Coach HeathDavisSpeed's Avatar
    Rummaging through Iain O'Brien's dustbins.
    Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut View Post
    Hmm. The only way I can see a draw is if the curator churns out an absolute prank-pitch that's like the Gabba was on day four from the very start. Both teams are bowling a lot better than they're batting at the moment.
    Yes, I agree, but I still think a draw is more likely here than it was in Perth. But I agree, it's still pretty unlikely having seen Howard's weather forecast and there was certainly no value in the Draw price.
    >>>>>>WHHOOOOOOOOOSHHHHHHH>>>>>>
    Fascist Dictator of the Heath Davis Appreciation Society
    Supporting Petone's Finest since the very start - Iain O'Brien
    Adam Wheater - Another batsman off the Essex production line
    Also Supporting the All Time #1 Batsman of All Time Ever - Jacques Kallis and the much maligned Peter Siddle.

Vimes tells it how it is:
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel_Vimes View Post
    Heath worryingly quick.

Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    Yes, I agree, but I still think a draw is more likely here than it was in Perth. But I agree, it's still pretty unlikely having seen Howard's weather forecast and there was certainly no value in the Draw price.
    Yep, the draw I'd suggest is rather unlikely for a few reasons:

- The weather is set fair
    - There aren't too many draws nowadays except for absolute flat one's like the 1st Test
    - Australia will be looking to advance the game considering they won't fancy absolutely needing to win in Sydney
    - Winner of the 2011 and 2012 CricketWeb AFL tipping competition

- Winner of the 2011, 2012 and 2013 CricketWeb NRL tipping competition

Ponting to play, batted for just shy of an hour this morning and Usman's asking for film recommendations for the next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcuss View Post
    Ponting to play, batted for just shy of an hour this morning and Usman's asking for film recommendations for the next week.
    The Aussies will be tickled pink(ie)

Why are the Aussies training in India's old ODI kit?
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    If GI 'Best Poster On The Forum' Joe says it then it must be true.
    Athlai doesn't lie. And he doesn't do sarcasm either, so you know it's true!

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by G.I.Joe View Post
    Lulling their opponents into a false sense of security.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"

"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    Lulling their opponents into a false sense of security.
    Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.

Too many bones, not enough CASH!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZwgu8_b0Vw

RIP Craig

International Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by G.I.Joe View Post
    Wasn't India's old ODI kit lighter?

Quote Originally Posted by TumTum View Post
    Wasn't India's old ODI kit lighter?
    It was lighter, then it got darker, and as of last series, it again got lighter, but nearer the darker one than the lightest one.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!
    Will happily accept that (assuming you're talking about 150+ in one innings, not both combined).
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Only a bunch of convicts having been beaten 3-0 and gone 9 tests without a win and won just 1 in 11 against England could go into the home series saying they will win. England will win in Australia again this winter as they are a better side which they have shown this summer. 3-0 doesn't lie girls.

Thread Information