Page 152 of 172 FirstFirst ... 52102142150151152153154162 ... LastLast
Results 2,266 to 2,280 of 2574

Thread: *Official* Fourth Test at the MCG

International Regular
    Was at the MCG today. What a disappointing day, at least the atmosphere and experience was fun.

Loved the mexican waves, everyone started booing when it reached to a certain part of the stands (don't know why).

There were probably more English fans there, when Ponting got bowled almost everyone around me got up in celebration, me and my friend were the only people that remained seated in our vicinity.

I have no clue how Smith got bowled.

Bloody hell Hughes, just when you looks like you get going, you get yourself run out

Quote Originally Posted by TumTum View Post
    Was at the MCG today. What a disappointing day, at least the atmosphere and experience was fun.

Loved the mexican waves, everyone started booing when it reached to a certain part of the stands (don't know why).

There were probably more English fans there, when Ponting got bowled almost everyone around me got up in celebration, me and my friend were the only people that remained seated in our vicinity.

Bloody hell Hughes, just when you looks like you get going, you get yourself run out
    Smith chopped it on.
    ~ Cribbage ~

Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since December 2009

International Coach flibbertyjibber's Avatar

No blame can be attached to Hughes, you could see from Watson's face at the time and in his interview after play finished he was solely to blame.

Could be a tough way to get dropped though if Katich is fit.

Was a strange shot by Smith. Was almost wide enough to cut like he did the previous ball. Not sure what to make of it.
    + time's fickle card game ~ with you and i +

get ready for a broken ****in' arm

International Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    No blame can be attached to Hughes, you could see from Watson's face at the time and in his interview after play finished he was solely to blame.
    True, but he could have dived. Watson said the same thing about the Katich run-out in Adelaide, which was Katich's fault.

True, but he could have dived. Watson said the same thing about the Katich run-out in Adelaide, which was Katich's fault.
    Watson called him through on a non-existant single my son, I doubt he would've made it even if he didn't hesitate (without a dive that is, but that would still indicate a risky single)

Difference there that there was obviously a run there. There was never a run here. It was a horrible single and if Hughes does lose his spot, a pretty terrible way to go especially given that he was starting to look fairly settled at the crease.

Cricket Web Staff Member Woodster's Avatar
    Ashes virtually in the bag, but I'm not one to start counting my chickens yet, and should we win this Test it's still important we don't let go of this lead at Sydney and ensure we win the series.

Tim Bresnan was outstanding today, he has done everything that was expected of him apart from get a few runs down the order, but in the bowling department, spot on. He was constantly at the batsmen, asking questions almost every delivery, gave them nothing like the amount of freebies that Finn served up, got some decent reverse swing, and caused genuine problems throughout.

Tremlett was unlucky, he was once again showed very encouraging signs on a pretty flat deck, while they had no idea how to play Swann. Clarke, generally an excellent player of spin, looked ponderous and unsure whether to come down the pitch or play him from deep in his crease. It was like a mercy killing when Strauss snaffled him.

As everyone has recognised, we have played significantly the better cricket in this series. Our batting was excellent in this Test, Jon Trott perhaps gaining some deserved recognition for the calmness and sound way he goes about his job in the difficult position at number three. The bowlers have backed that up with two excellent displays in these innings so far, and I expect it to be wrapped up fairly quickly tomorrow.

Good idea from England to try and give Smith some easy runs to ensure he keeps his place at number six for Sydney, but he couldn't manage to put a half tracker away!
    Last edited by Woodster; 28-12-2010 at 07:04 AM.
    http://batallday.blogspot.com/ - Cricket blog dedicated to domestic cricket.

Quote Originally Posted by King Pietersen View Post
    Dayum, how well has Tim Bresnan bowled in this Test match! Gone at under 2 an over in both innings, and more importantly taken key wickets. Got rid of Hughes and Haddin in the first innings; and then Watson, Ponting and Hussey so far in the 2nd. Been an excellent performance, and one that should secure his place for Sydney. Really liking our Fast Bowling stocks ATM. I'd say Anderson, Tremlett and Broad should be our first choice attack, and then after those 3 we've got Bresnan, Finn and Onions. That's a very good back-up seam attack, then there's Shahzad and the likes of Woakes and Plunkett outside the squad; oh, and Simon Jones when he's fit too.
    Yup. I was saying on the "bowling stocks" thread in CC that this is potentially our best batch of quicks since the late 1970's. We'll need more time to make a defintiive judgement about this lot, as some of them have barely started their test careers, but things really are promising. For all the praise directed at Andy Flower, a fair bit also needs to be directed at Saker, who seems to be doing an outstanding job.

Can't see Simon Jones ever being fit enough to play test match cricket again though.

International Debutant M0rphin3's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    Difference there that there was obviously a run there. There was never a run here. It was a horrible single and if Hughes does lose his spot, a pretty terrible way to go especially given that he was starting to look fairly settled at the crease.
    Yeah, that would be horribly unfair. He's the kind of player who can get big scores and set the match in your favor unlike Twatto.
    Last edited by M0rphin3; 28-12-2010 at 07:20 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by mudrunner View Post
    give 21yo smith a break. bradmans figures for his first few tests were comparable.....

Proud Supporter of: Shakib Al Hasan, Kane Williamson, Adam Milne

Australia 98 & 169/6
    England 513
    Or something.

RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990 - 15/4/2006

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    tbh, I thought the run was on, took a top throw to nail Hughes without which it would have been a cheeky single.

It was just unnecessary.
    The Colourphonics

Bandcamp
    Twitderp

Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat View Post
    tbh, I thought the run was on, took a top throw to nail Hughes without which it would have been a cheeky single.

It was just unnecessary.
    Phew, I dunno bit tight for my liking (err no double entendre intended there). Totally agree it was unnecessary though - I mean they were essentially always batting for a draw... pretty bonehead cricket.

The iconic photo of the series so far?

Yeah seriously good work from the photographer there. Could very well be one for the ages, depending on what happens to Ponting - that could literally capture the 'it' moment. Btw nice avatar, whatever makes you happy

Thread Information