Page 151 of 172 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151152153161 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,265 of 2574

Thread: *Official* Fourth Test at the MCG

Even Brisbane was (mostly) a two-man show...
    + time's fickle card game ~ with you and i +

get ready for a broken ****in' arm

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    Poor that Trott gave Anderson the strike there. Yes, Anderson can bat, but don't give him a full over until he's faced a few balls. Protecting his not out there, one feels.
    Trotters is the poor man's Kallis; I've said it more than once before. Obviously not the same magnitude of talent, but has the great man's ability to play completely in his own bubble regardless of the match situation and, as today would suggest, likes the smell of red ink too.

Quote Originally Posted by Son Of Coco View Post
    Stress fracture of the ankle for Harris...poor bastard. Was nice to have him around this series while it lasted.
    Rotten luck for Rhino. You'd have to be a prize prick not to feel for him. Good bloke who's pulled himself up by his boot straps and who deserves better luck.

My guess is, with his right knee cartilage on the non-existant side of shot, that he'll give away the longer form to concentrate on T20s for another 2-3 years. Was apparently considering it before his second flowering in tests.

Anyway, kudos to the selectors for bringing Tiny Tim in. Was a ballsy decision to drop our (and at the time the series') leading wicket taker, but a great advert for playing the performaces as well as the stats. Finn has bowled a few gems, but was flattered by a 6-for at Bris and haemorraged runs at over 5 an over in a low scoring game in Perth.

The well-fed Tyke has shown the virtues of parsimony; stem the runs and the wickets will come. McGrath was primarily a defensive bowler, after all & he went ok as I recall. That's what Finn should aspire to IMHO.
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"as much a news event as an actual footballer, a worthy stop-start centre forward, but an all-time hyper-galactico when it comes to doing funny things with cars and hats, a player whose signing proves once again that the Premier League is still undoubtedly the best in the world when it comes to doing things with cars and hats."
    - Barney Ronay on Mario Balotelli

Meh. When you've played what basically constitutes your second Ashes-sealing knock in just over 18 months, a little selfishness can be easily forgiven.

A penny for Richard's thoughts on Tim Bresnan
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever...

RIP Fardin Qayyumi, a true legend of CW

Quote Originally Posted by Boobidy View Post
    Bradman never had to face quicks like Sharma and Irfan Pathan. He wouldn't of lasted a ball against those 2, not to mention a spinner like Sehwag.

International Vice-Captain King Pietersen's Avatar
    Dayum, how well has Tim Bresnan bowled in this Test match! Gone at under 2 an over in both innings, and more importantly taken key wickets. Got rid of Hughes and Haddin in the first innings; and then Watson, Ponting and Hussey so far in the 2nd. Been an excellent performance, and one that should secure his place for Sydney. Really liking our Fast Bowling stocks ATM. I'd say Anderson, Tremlett and Broad should be our first choice attack, and then after those 3 we've got Bresnan, Finn and Onions. That's a very good back-up seam attack, then there's Shahzad and the likes of Woakes and Plunkett outside the squad; oh, and Simon Jones when he's fit too.
    www.proudtofight.com

Quote Originally Posted by Cricinfo
    Styris to Pietersen, SIX, wow, what a shot, that is awesome...it's a repeat of his six off Muralitharan at Edgbaston, as he switches his grip and reverse-hits Styris over deep cover (or should that be deep square-leg) for a memorable maximum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cricinfo
    Styris to Pietersen, SIX, that's the most extraordinary shot, he switches his grip to that of a left-hander and launches Stryis high over long-off for a might six. That is one of the more incredible shots you'll see

Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    Meh. When you've played what basically constitutes your second Ashes-sealing knock in just over 18 months, a little selfishness can be easily forgiven.
    Not knocking it; would kill for Kallis in my team so any reasonable facsimilie is welcome. We haven't had a test three worthy of the position since Mick Vaughan's knee went so it's refreshing to see an Englishman (yeah, yeah...) with a hunger for runs and the apptitude to score 'em too.

Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    Not knocking it; would kill for Kallis in my team so any reasonable facsimilie is welcome. We haven't had a test three worthy of the position since Mick Vaughan's knee went so it's refreshing to see an Englishman (yeah, yeah...) with a hunger for runs and the apptitude to score 'em too.

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    Anyone in Melb keen on a beer with myself, Jono & Neil Pickup tomorrow evening sometime after the match? Hing was in I think.
    Why is poor Neil meeting up with the three biggest ****s on CW (aside from Burgey)? Poor lad.
    Quote Originally Posted by DingDong View Post
    gimh has now surpassed richard as the greatest cw member ever imo

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

International Coach flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    The best bit about Trott on this tour isn't his batting it is the fact he has turned into Jonty Rhodes on a couple of occasions in the field and got massive run outs which have started the rot for Australia. Normally he is average to say the least but he has been brilliant at times on this trip.

As for him being a bit selfish and playing for a not out, can't really complain about that, after all Steve Waugh always did the same.

Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    The best bit about Trott on this tour isn't his batting
    Yes it is.
    ~ Cribbertarian ~

Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since December 2009

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GeraintIsMyHero View Post
    Why is poor Neil meeting up with the three biggest ****s on CW (aside from Burgey)? Poor lad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    Yes it is.
    Sorry, three of the four biggest ****s.

Forgot about you for a minute - was a special moment.

Yes it is.
    Would have to concur; the run-outs but the cherry on the cake.

A nice cherry, all red and sweet tasting, but one would still prefer the cake.

International Coach PhoenixFire's Avatar
    Curveball Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by GeraintIsMyHero View Post
    Sorry, three of the four biggest ****s.

Forgot about you for a minute - was a special moment.
    Dissappointed I didn't get a mention
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat View Post
    1) Had double pneumonia as a kid, as did my twin sis. Doctors told my parents to pray that we lived through the night. Dad said **** off, I'm an atheist, you ****s better save my kids, etc. Then prayed anyway.

Cricketer Of The Year Hurricane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    Anyway, kudos to the selectors for bringing Tiny Tim in. Was a ballsy decision to drop our (and at the time the series') leading wicket taker, but a great advert for playing the performaces as well as the stats. Finn has bowled a few gems, but was flattered by a 6-for at Bris and haemorraged runs at over 5 an over in a low scoring game in Perth.
    Sometimes you watch someone not performing but getting wickets and you wonder what the selectors are making of that bowler. Terrific job by the selectors.

English selectors have to be some of the best in the world in the past little while. Certainly an upgrade from the lack of loyalty shown in the 1980s.

On another note - Watson's run out of Hughes was inexcusable there was no need for quick singles.

Finally pontings dismissal. I didn't think the ball did an awful lot. Just a poor execution by Ponting.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I got great enjoyment in going to the game and shouting "WHY THE **** ISN'T THIS GAME BEING PLAYED AT THE BASIN?!>!?!?" to reasonably significant cheers from the sparse crowd
    Proudly against the bring back Bennett movement since he is injury prone and won't last 5 days.

International Coach flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Yes it is.
    Oh come on we knew he could bat but as a fielder he was on a par with the wheelie bin. he has been inspired in the field this tour. God knows where that has come from.

Thread Information