• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fourth Test at the MCG

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Strauss, having learned nothing from his cricketing suicide in Perth, bowls first here upon winning the toss.

Flyonthewall

U19 Captain
Oh yay, Bresnan in. Because cannon-fodder fast-medium was really what England needed.

Hopefully he shall defy his reputation and past performances and get us a few wickets...I'm not holding out a great deal of hope though. However, I am happy to see Strauss elect to bowl first, good chance to take advantage of the early-morning conditions. Just got to make it count this time!

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Lots of pressure on the Aussie top order though - can't imagine Punter fancies coming in in the first few overs

Flyonthewall

U19 Captain
Strauss, having learned nothing from his cricketing suicide in Perth, bowls first here upon winning the toss.
Choosing to field first was nowhere near the main cause of England's loss. The lethal combination of lacklustre England batting plus lethal Mitch Johnson bowling equalled a thumping loss really, not the toss decision. At the end of the day, at 36 for 4 in the first session no-one was criticising the decision.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Really? I would say that it's much better to watch this England team bat.
Completely disagree. I don't find any of the England team particularly good to watch bat other than Bell and Prior, and neither of them are sighted until four down. The rest of them are quite technically awkward. Pietersen obviously has appeal to most (but not me), but the top three wouldn't be near the top of many people's aesthetic shortlists IMO (and before someone misinterprets me, I'm not saying they aren't good players).

Watching Jimmeh, Swanneh and Tremlett bowl is awesome though IMO. Especially when you combine it with Watto's mandatory awesome-looking fifty.

Purely a personal thing obviously, but that's how I see it.

Flyonthewall

U19 Captain
Completely disagree. I don't find any of the England team particularly good to watch bat other than Bell and Prior, and neither of them are sighted until four down. The rest of them are quite technically awkward. Pietersen obviously has appeal to most (but not me), but the top three wouldn't be near the top of many people's aesthetic shortlists IMO (and before someone misinterprets me, I'm not saying they aren't good players).

Watching Jimmeh, Swanneh and Tremlett bowl is awesome though IMO. Especially when you combine it with Watto's mandatory awesome-looking fifty.

Purely a personal thing obviously, but that's how I see it.
Agree with this so, so much (apart from the Pietersen thing, anyway!) Can't see how any England fan wouldn't love watching Swanneh bowl to be honest! :unsure::)

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Choosing to field first was nowhere near the main cause of England's loss. The lethal combination of lacklustre England batting plus lethal Mitch Johnson bowling equalled a thumping loss really, not the toss decision. At the end of the day, at 36 for 4 in the first session no-one was criticising the decision.
Well then they weren't thinking at all about the game. It's a massive risk to bowl first in Perth. He took his best bowler out of the game as a real threat when he did so too.