• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fourth Test at the MCG

Ruckus

International Captain
NZ could be above us in the rankings by then. I doubt we'll beat anyone in the next 12 months, certainly not SA or India, obviously.
It depends what changes are made to the team. I still genuinely believe Australia can be a top side in world cricket, however if the team stays the same I don't fancy our chances of winning much either. Australia isn't going down the path of the WI, we still have a very good talent pool.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Tough watch that interview with Ponting
Yeah it was. Found it really tough myself, and I'm not overly concerned about us losing in the face of how England have outplayed us.

Couldn't stand there and do that interview so well myself, reckon I might've lost it completely.

Spark

Global Moderator
Wouldn't mind if Sydney was a decent game of cricket without a ridiculous collapse from either side.
Imagine that.

I just want to see a big score from Ponting or Clarke. Not enjoying going through a whole summer without seeing one.

Son Of Coco

As an ode to Warne though, I would've liked Ponting to add at the end:

"I don't know who's writing the scripts...but they can go and **** themselves!"

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sri Lanka's over-rated at home minus Murali. Didn't really do that strongly against the West Indies for example. Still reckon it's a tough tour however.

South Africa's tough, New Zealand should be pretty easy (imo), India will depend on whether their guns are still there, but it'll be pretty interesting as well.

pskov

International 12th Man
Sri Lanka's over-rated at home minus Murali. Didn't really do that strongly against the West Indies for example. Still reckon it's a tough tour however.

South Africa's tough, New Zealand should be pretty easy (imo), India will depend on whether their guns are still there, but it'll be pretty interesting as well.
Sri Lanka's batting at home though is exceptional and it will be a real hard test for whatever bowling attack Australia take on that tour.

Jacknife

International Captain
Andy Flower is a very impressive bloke and talks really well. I like the way, as Bumble mentioned, that he keeps a distance from the team under him and there is non of this matey business going on, he calls all the players by their second names, not nick names and you can tell the England team have full respect for him.

morgieb

Sri Lanka's batting at home though is exceptional and it will be a real hard test for whatever bowling attack Australia take on that tour.
True, but what about their bowling? Malinga (if he plays)/Thrusaha/Randiv/Mendis/Mathews/other random junk players isn't that good imo.

Pothas

Hate working for making me miss the win but still ridiculously happy, just got to go and win the series now.

HeathDavisSpeed

Haha, no chance will New Zealand be beating Australia in Tests anytime soon.
Not until we've found some bowlers, anyway. If our batting can continue in the same way it did in the first two tests away to India, we've definitely got a chance of a tied series (0 - 0, of course!)

Craig

World Traveller
Not until we've found some bowlers, anyway. If our batting can continue in the same way it did in the first two tests away to India, we've definitely got a chance of a tied series (0 - 0, of course!)
And stop the collapses as well, at least once we can be certain that the top and middle order will fold quicker then a house of cards.

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
Haha, no chance will New Zealand be beating Australia in Tests anytime soon.
Maybe, but they wouldnt have to beat us to go above us in the rankings. If they draw a series here and there, they could sneak above us. Sri Lanka havent beaten us since 1999 and they are way above us in the rankings, same for SA- they beat us once. NZ could go quite ahead of Aus theoretically, not likely of course.

vcs

SL vs. Australia in SL will be interesting. If I was asked to pick now, I'd make SL favourites even without Murali (as their batting is virtually guaranteed to fire at home, while Australia aren't batting well at all). Things could change in six months or so though.

Jarquis

Ah well. Went into this series supporting England, but thanks to Marcuss, I'll be hoping Australia can tie the series in Sydney; unlikely though that may seem.

Good win from the Poms here. Dominated the whole test and deservedly won by a large margin, playing some good cricket to boot. Highlight for me was Bresnan's spell yesterday afternoon. Great bowling.
You care far too much about what I say.

A lot of posters conspicuous by their absence until the match was over it would seem.