• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fourth Test at the MCG

Fusion

Global Moderator
Congrats to England! :) I have to admit that before the series I was tipping the Aussies to reclaim the Ashes. The level of mediocrity they displayed has been surprising tstl.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm suprisingly not too bothered about this loss. Will be a very exciting time for Aus cricket.
Most of us accepted this loss on the first day didn't we? It hurt then. Not so much now.

Liked what Tony Greig said about our response to this being a challenge for Australia.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Off to congratulate the lads on Twitter, I'm so in with the yoof, me:)
Lol..

Kudos to the soap dodgers. Thoroughly outplayed us in all facets here.

Brought shadow players for their bowlers, who have stepped in and stepped up as well. Far better prepared and executed their plans brilliantly. Batted patiently and cashed in to take full reward when the moment came.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Haha, Gower and Botham saying it will be a wonderful feeling for the England players, that they have their own wonderful memories, then Gower just looks at Nasser and says "what are you doing here?"

Spark

Global Moderator
Most of us accepted this loss on the first day didn't we? It hurt then. Not so much now.

Liked what Tony Greig said about our response to this being a challenge for Australia.
To be fair, even then it didn't hurt that much. Most of us saw it coming, although we were surprised by the magnitude of the failure on that first day.

Ruckus

International Captain

I think it's just deep down we all knew our team was playing poor cricket and never really deserved to win. England were simply far better, and the end result is completely justified.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Haha, Gower and Botham saying it will be a wonderful feeling for the England players, that they have their own wonderful memories, then Gower just looks at Nasser and says "what are you doing here?"
:laugh:

Add to the congratulations here, England far too good over the duration of the series. Deserved to win, and deserve to win (or at least draw) in Sydney. 2-2 would greatly flatter Australia. The fact they can call guys up from their reserves bench and they perform as well, if not better, than the guys who were originally in the team is impressive.