• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fourth Test at the MCG

Furball

Evil Scotsman
You can say what you like about Siddle's looks and how the commentators and papers love to talk about how he 'runs in all day', but at least he doesn't roll over and have his stomach tickled like most of our top order.

If our top six (bar Hussey and, on occasions, Watson) had the same determination to hang around (and possibly the same defensive technique :happy:) we might have gone a little better. He's obviously very limited as a batsman, but he does what he does and doesn't give it away.
Yeah, he's an ugly bastard, with a **** celebration and a face you'd never tire of beating with a cricket bat, but I've got to grudgingly admire him for charging in for 30+ overs and taking 6/70 when the rest of the bowling attack was utterly toothless and let us pile on 513.

And fair play to him this morning, would have been easy enough to just roll over cheaply then go back to the dressing room and say "you ****s got us here" but you get the impression he's knuckling down to make a vain attempt at saving the series.

Reckon he's the sort of pantomime villain an Ashes series needs. I can't stand the **** but he's won my grudging admiration this series.

Craig

World Traveller
Siddle, going into this game, has a FC batting average of 14, which you have to say is quite respectable for a guy batting in his position.

hazsa19

International Regular
Yeah, he's an ugly bastard, with a **** celebration and a face you'd never tire of beating with a cricket bat, but I've got to grudgingly admire him for charging in for 30+ overs and taking 6/70 when the rest of the bowling attack was utterly toothless and let us pile on 513.

And fair play to him this morning, would have been easy enough to just roll over cheaply then go back to the dressing room and say "you ****s got us here" but you get the impression he's knuckling down to make a vain attempt at saving the series.

Reckon he's the sort of pantomime villain an Ashes series needs. I can't stand the **** but he's won my grudging admiration this series.
My sentiments exactly.

pskov

International 12th Man
Well if Collingwood isn't even taking slip catches anymore there really isn't any reason to keep him in the side.

King Pietersen

International Captain
Just want Siddle to go past Ponting's tally of runs for the series (needs another 7) then he can GTFO. Take the new ball please Straussy. Jimmeh and Tremlett on with the new ball.