• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fourth Test at the MCG

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
hah, the English crowing has been quite mild I reckon. If the forum was around in 1995, reckon the forum would have spectacularly crashed along with an exodus of WI fans.

Yes, I'm starting a pun game. It's all I've got left.

chalky

International Debutant
I don't think he has, he's just been talking the team up and why not.
Saying Watson's interview was a highlight of the tour and how he was about to burst into tears a bit unnecessary IMHO. Talk up the team but don't take the piss out of a guy trying to front up.

JBH001

International Regular
Agreed with HDS although, IIRC, it was worse in 2009. Although it's forgiven I suppose if you remember the years and years of thrashings at Australian hands. But I'd save the crowing until the end of the Sydney test and a series scoreline of 3-1 or 2-1.

Haddin is looking pretty good here though, and Siddle may not be good enough to nick those balls sailing past his outside edge. That might become real frustrating for the English bowlers as they look to wrap it up quickly.

hah, the English crowing has been quite mild I reckon. If the forum was around in 1995, reckon the forum would have spectacularly crashed along with an exodus of WI fans.

Yes, I'm starting a pun game. It's all I've got left.
You have to admit we have put up with 20 years of rubbish

King Pietersen

International Captain
Haddin batting very fluently this morning. Should clearly be batting ahead of Smith. I'd personally keep Smith in the side, as I like him, same with Hughes, but Haddin should definitely be batting 6, with Smith at 7, and IMO O'Keefe at 8 with Johnson 9. That is a much more solid looking line-up.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Saying Watson's interview was a highlight of the tour and how he was about to burst into tears a bit unnecessary IMHO. Talk up the team but don't take the piss out of a guy trying to front up.
**** that. The grief Nasser must have endured over there over the years then damn right he should enjoy this.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah I don't see Johnson shushing anyone now. Complete fanny of a cricketer tbh.

Come on England.
He'd be a good match for Jimmy actually.

If you completely disregard the fact one of them is actually reasonably consistent.

Last edited:

Woodster

International Captain
Haddin batting very fluently this morning. Should clearly be batting ahead of Smith. I'd personally keep Smith in the side, as I like him, same with Hughes, but Haddin should definitely be batting 6, with Smith at 7, and IMO O'Keefe at 8 with Johnson 9. That is a much more solid looking line-up.
That would look a better line-up, even better if they discarded Smith entirely for now. But if they use him as a bits and pieces player, because essentially that's exactly what he is at the moment, then it would be better than him batting as a number six and being the sole spinner.

Hughes would surely be better getting some form with NSW and coming back with some runs behind him, but options I suppose are limited.

King Pietersen

International Captain
I like Steven Smith, don't know why, just find him to be one of the more likeable Australian cricketers for a while. I also enjoy watching him play, and think he has a lot of potential. I'd like to see them sticking with him.

Anyone else notice how Steven Davies looked so disappointed that it was Monty getting asked for all the autographs, and not him? Quite funny, looked like Monty asked him if he wanted to add his autograph to one of the bats and he awkwardly appeared to say no. Poor lad.

That's another glorious shot from Haddin. Has played very nicely so far this morning!

chalky

International Debutant
Ha, still amuses me how in every innings this series Siddle has looked the better bat than Michael Clarke.
Loved Bill Lawry's reaction to Hussey going for a mid pitch chat with Clarke after being beaten a few times "what are you getting his advice for he can barely lay bat on ball"