Page 115 of 172 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116117125165 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,725 of 2574

Thread: *Official* Fourth Test at the MCG

Cricket Web Staff Member Woodster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pskov View Post
    I think we learn even less about Morgan by letting him sit on the sidelines.

I am genuinely surprised by the general consensus on here to let Colly play at Sydney. I don't think he deserves to keep his place in the team based on performance and I have no doubt that we should pick the best XI for the final test even if the Ashes are already retained. A 3-1 series win is vastly better than a 2-2 draw.
    Even if I put sentiment to one side, I would retain Colly in the side for Sydney. Morgan would be coming in with very little cricket under his belt, would be unfair to then judge him at Sydney. Colly's performances have been below par in 2010, but he still plays innings that very few can in our side.

There is no doubt 3-1 is vastly better than a 2-2 draw, and I don't think including Collingwood would harm our chances of achieving that 3-1 scoreline.
    http://batallday.blogspot.com/ - Cricket blog dedicated to domestic cricket.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Furball's Avatar
    **** sake, 1 over in and Ponting's already annoying me.

Get on with the ****ing game, you've had the players in the dressing room all morning, why you need to chat with Siddle for 2 minutes before he bowls is beyond me.

International Vice-Captain King Pietersen's Avatar
    Wow, Sutcliffe, Hammond and Hobbs are the only 3 English batsmen to have scored more runs than Jonathan Trott in their first 17 Test matches. Superb from Trott, and he's still fairly under-rated. WAG.
    www.proudtofight.com

Quote Originally Posted by Cricinfo
    Styris to Pietersen, SIX, wow, what a shot, that is awesome...it's a repeat of his six off Muralitharan at Edgbaston, as he switches his grip and reverse-hits Styris over deep cover (or should that be deep square-leg) for a memorable maximum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cricinfo
    Styris to Pietersen, SIX, that's the most extraordinary shot, he switches his grip to that of a left-hander and launches Stryis high over long-off for a might six. That is one of the more incredible shots you'll see

Oh, lucky there, Trott. There is still a little seam movement on this wicket if the right length is hit.

KP told Ponting he edged 'that' delivery. Brilliant stuff. WAFG.

Quote Originally Posted by King Pietersen View Post
    Wow, Sutcliffe, Hammond and Hobbs are the only 3 English batsmen to have scored more runs than Jonathan Trott in their first 17 Test matches. Superb from Trott, and he's still fairly under-rated. WAG.
    In excellent company there. I'm guilty of under-rating him, but he really has impressed in his own inimitable style on this tour so far.

It is his style that probably doesn't lend itself to getting too many supporters, but I've really enjoyed the way he's found the gaps so well in this innings and not tried to hit the ball too hard, is more than prepared to take a two or three than try and smash it to the rope.

KP told Ponting he edged 'that' delivery. Brilliant stuff. WAFG.
    Funny that, a cheeky little wink to boot!

International Coach flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    I underrate him a bit i guess. I am waiting for the bubble to burst like it did for jimmy Adams who had a similar start. Obviously i hope it doesn't though and he carries on as a run machine.

Tubby talking a lot of **** about no-ball referrals by umpires; because yes, all umpires are suddenly reviewing all their decisions and 89 overs bowled yesterday was not because Ponting wasted 8 minutes "discussing" the official's decision with Dar. What crap.
    Last edited by JBH001; 27-12-2010 at 04:47 PM.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    taylor doesn't like change.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Furball's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    I underrate him a bit i guess. I am waiting for the bubble to burst like it did for jimmy Adams who had a similar start. Obviously i hope it doesn't though and he carries on as a run machine.
    Average inflated by minnow bashing tbh. Only averages 52 against Test standard sides.

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/eng...s;type=batting

AWTA.

z

Prior gone! Well bowled, Siddle. He's earned his wickets in this test and a possible 5-fer.

Prior gone. Looked like it held up in the pitch a little. Superb innings though, shame he couldn't get to three figures. With Bresnan and Swanneh still to come this could be an entertaining passage of play.

International Coach flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Shame Prior missed out on a ton, good innings though. Time to see if Bresnan is up to it.

Thread Information