• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fourth Test at the MCG

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well, well, well. Bresnan putting on a bowling masterclass here. Absolutely took Hussey apart in that over. Superb stuff again, forcing Hussey to play at a ball he should have been leaving. The set up in that over is right up there with Martin Bicknell vs. Jacques Rudolph.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Agreed

Bresnan has been average to very poor in his tests before this and has virtually never looked anything close to international class
The first couple of times I saw him bowl he looked pretty good to me - I expected this sort of bowling pretty regularly. He's never really done it up until now though.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Bresnan was the better bowler at Bellerive, in my view. Shahzad started with a bang but Bresnan was more consistently threatening. Would back him to be the most likely to trouble guys like Hussey on a pudding MCG where Shahzad might slide onto the bat at a good hitting pace.
:cool:

5/****-all for the game so far.

Last edited:

Ruckus

International Captain
He's in woeful form but no doubt Ian Chappell will put it down to bad luck 8-)
Yeah haha laughing at Chappell before saying that. Seems Slats has jumped on the bandwagon as well.

Back luck my ****ing ass! Bad luck hardly lasts a series, let alone 4 years.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well, well.. England retaining the Ashes in Australia with a game to spare.. who'd have thought it.

hazsa19

International Regular
Well, well, well. Bresnan putting on a bowling masterclass here. Absolutely took Hussey apart in that over. Superb stuff again, forcing Hussey to play at a ball he should have been leaving. The set up in that over is right up there with Martin Bicknell vs. Jacques Rudolph.
This, people will say it was a bad shot and not a great ball but the over confused him, that and twatto's dismissal they're afraid to leave the moving ball. Pressure pressure pressure

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

Craig

World Traveller
On another forum I visit, the consensus of one poster is that Mitchell Johnson is fast turning into Australia's answer to Steve Harmison or Devon Malcolm.