• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What happened to Australia?

Spark

Global Moderator
Me neither tbh, just going with what Broad-face-haters say.

Pretty much every time I've met an international sportsman they've seemed older than me even when they're far younger. Probably cos they are rich famous and awesome tbh.
When Clarke first debuted he looked younger than me - and I was 12! Was even funnier when Hayden and Symonds were in the team, made wicket celebrations a real lol - have these huge blokes running around then this small guy who looks and runs like a teenager. Smith not so much, because there aren't the huge units in the team now to give the contrast.

Anderson was quite a pretty-boy when he started IIRC.

Last edited:

thierry henry

International Coach
It is weird though because when I watch old cricket a lot of the players look solidly 40 or 50-something. Did men just deteriorate earlier back then?

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Me neither tbh, just going with what Broad-face-haters say.

Pretty much every time I've met an international sportsman they've seemed older than me even when they're far younger. Probably cos they are rich famous and awesome tbh.
I wouldn't say Broad looks young tbh.

Just effete :ph34r:

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
The fact that Broad looks 12 works in his favour, cause people think he looks girly and pathetic and then he bowls you 93 mph in the face.

Oh and Tremlett is a monster. Have you seen the size of his mouth??? Amongst other things.

Uppercut

When Clarke first debuted he looked younger than me - and I was 12! Was even funnier when Hayden and Symonds were in the team, made wicket celebrations a real lol - have these huge blokes running around then this small guy who looks and runs like a teenager. Smith not so much, because there aren't the huge units in the team now to give the contrast.

Anderson was quite a pretty-boy when he started IIRC.
http://www.cricketweb.net/forum/1733205-post463.html

G Rot

Cricket Spectator
Bahahahaha funniest thread ever..... In international cricket looks add up to nada... Mohammed aamer looks like a gangly litlle girl, the whole indian team are hardly intimidating looking as with sri lanka (jayawardene STILL looks like a 10 yo yet is one of the most accomplished batsman in international cricket). Ricky ponting looked like a kid for most of his career as well....

PhoenixFire

International Coach
The amount of people who have probably read about 1 line of this thread and then jumped in with an uninformed opinion is mildly depressing.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Not really. It was expressed poorly and put forward the contention that along with aura and confidence, that looks have a part to play in a player's performance.

That is rightly being criticised.

If someone created a thread saying Australia needs more confident players, no one at all would have argued.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Not really. It was expressed poorly and put forward the contention that along with aura and confidence, that looks have a part to play in a player's performance.

That is rightly being criticised.

If someone created a thread saying Australia needs more confident players, no one at all would have argued.
Yeah, because looks have never impacted on anyone's aura or confidence in the history of anywhere ever.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Of course not. I'm suggesting that it was so incredibly exaggerated in the first thread at an opportune time to have a go at Australian cricket.

Uppercut

Ahh I see.

Moneyball has an interesting take on the concept- Billy Beane basically said that completely ignoring appearances was something that gave him a huge edge over his rivals when scouting for potential top-class baseball players. The idea that some scouts just had the gift of spotting a player with "the look" was pretty widely believed in baseball for a long time.