• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What happened to Australia?

Dissector

International Debutant
If you read the thread carefuly I was properly skeptical about England's chances until Morgieb muddied the waters.It's his fault !!

thierry henry

International Coach
TBF he does look pretty funny.
tbh I lay claim to being the first (at least non-Australian) to ridicule Steve Smith's head. cbf checking but pretty sure I did it within moments of his international debut.

There's definitely something incongruous about a player getting talked up and then, when you see them, they look like a total goober. Had the same reaction to Bollinger and Tait tbh.

thierry henry

International Coach
likewise i laughed my head off when i saw broad.
Yeah that's one I don't really get

Broad is a pretty boy and imo there's at least something inherently intimidating about a good looking bloke- more likely to get biznitches than you.

I guess that's about coming from an era where sportsmen are known for their fame and fortune and WAGs. People talk about the likes of David Boon as " good old-fashioned cricketers" but tbf if Boony came in to a side now I'd lol.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
He looks like he's 12, especially in his player profile that flashes up on the screen before he bats or bowls. His face gets quite red when he gets angry too.

Don't think he's overly intimidating myself. His height could give him a bit of a physical presence though. I doubt that him being good looking would make him intimidating to other cricketers on the field. If you're an international cricketer, you'll go alright regardless. See the South African team for confirmation.

Last edited:

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
i think it's because i expected him to look like Tremlett does. (why i thought that i don't know)

Spark

Global Moderator
He looks like he's 12, especially in his player profile that flashes up on the screen before he bats or bowls. His face gets quite red when he gets angry too.

Don't think he's overly intimidating myself.
Haha he does. We have a couple of very very young-looking players running around at the moment.

thierry henry

International Coach

Don't think he's overly intimidating myself. His height could give him a bit of a physical presence though. I doubt that him being good looking would make him intimidating to other cricketers on the field.
heh, certainly not saying it would, just reckon he fits the mould of a modern athlete more than, say, an old-fashioned mildly-******** looking Aussie battler like Doug Bollinger.

thierry henry

International Coach
Dork, perhaps, but massive, certainly. He's a huge unit. Very gangly too.
Yeah but itbt Broad, Tremlett and Finn are all massively tall and gangly. And tbh none of them look very menacing- one 12 year old pretty boy and two poindexters.

Spark

Global Moderator
Yeah but itbt Broad, Tremlett and Finn are all massively tall and gangly. And tbh none of them look very menacing- one 12 year old pretty boy and two poindexters.
I wouldn't say Broad looks 12. Clarke looks like he's 12 when he runs sometimes, and Smith just looks 12 all the time. Broad's just a regulation pretty-boy. And whilst Finn and Broad are tall, they just don't have the same "I am a giant" look that Tremlett gives off IMO.

thierry henry

International Coach
I wouldn't say Broad looks 12. Clarke looks like he's 12 when he runs sometimes, and Smith just looks 12 all the time. Broad's just a regulation pretty-boy. And whilst Finn and Broad are tall, they just don't have the same "I am a giant" look that Tremlett gives off IMO.
Me neither tbh, just going with what Broad-face-haters say.

Pretty much every time I've met an international sportsman they've seemed older than me even when they're far younger. Probably cos they are rich famous and awesome tbh.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Broad looks very young in his profile pic. Maybe not so much on the field. I thought Anderson looked pretty young in his profile pic too though.