For those of us who get a warm glow when the record books are rewritten even slightly there's been a few moments of statty ecstacy so far in the series. A few I've noticed:
- In two tests no runs have been scored from #8
- Andrew Strauss has scored the lowest total in each England innings
- Five England batsmen have scored double tons in Oz ever and three are playing in this series (Tip Foster and Wally Hammond both unavailable for selection at time of posting)
- Xavier Doherty (who casual followers might assume is nicknamed "The Much Maligned") has taken more wickets than the combined efforts of Johnson, Hilfenhaus and Bollinger.
- Adelaide was the first live Ashes test (i.e. when the destination of the urn was in doubt) England have won in Oz since 86/87
- England's 620/5 dec in the 2nd test is their second highest total down under. In Sydney in 1928 the touring MCC took an extra 120.1 overs to score 16 more runs...
Feel free to add more to warm our nerdy cockles.