• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Two questions

pasag

RTDAS
1. Do all selectors watch every domestic game in this country?
2. Do Australian coaches and team management watch all (or most) international cricket matches?

Redbacks

International Captain
Who is your dadd-i and what does he do?

a) I'd say no to this, they are part time essentially, but they would talk to the coaches and have decent scouts to feed them information. Watching too much wouldn't be the silver buttet.

b) No again, but they would once again have a network of people to whom they could get decent enough information you would think.

Jayzamann

International Regular
I'm starting to think that they use those safety knives otherwise they'd bleed out over breakfast, let alone do their jobs properly.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
2. Do Australian coaches and team management watch all (or most) international cricket matches?
1. Nah, but they should at least follow it to a good extent.
2. Dunno, probably not. They should though.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Merv Hughes wasn't even required to have Foxtel. I know he's been sacked but I think that says it all.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
To be honest i doubt many selection panels worldwide actually watch the players regularly. We are lucky in England that Miller does get round the grounds, and i know this as my dad is a groundhopper and sees him all over the country. It stinks that people with such important well paid jobs don't do them properly.

Himannv

International Coach
Must be hard to watch every single match that takes place. Reckon they're just taking a gamble or two. No one would say too much if it pays off though.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Must be hard to watch every single match that takes place. Reckon they're just taking a gamble or two. No one would say too much if it pays off though.
How would it be hard to watch every game that is taking place? Up until about a couple of weeks ago there were 4 selectors. At most there would be 3 games going on at one time. That's more than enough selectors to cover each game. They're just lazy and until they are held accountable for their performance they will continue to be so.

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator
The English selectors from what I know make an effort to see every county game they can, even over test matches.

howardj

International Coach
True about Tubby Taylor being ill equipped to conduct a review of cricket in Australia though - I've lost all faith in him. Thought he'd be the next Liberal PM, but his off with fairies as one of the CA directors who brought us:

- Split innings cricket
- Prioritising Champions League over preparing for a Test against India
- Cutting the Shield final
- City-based T20 franchises (Geelong, Brisbane etc).

CA is just as bad and complacent as Timmy Nielsen and Hack Hilditch.

As you can tell, I'm a ball of rage.

howardj

International Coach
As a constructive contribution, I put forward a joint ticket of AB and Tugga Waugh to run all aspects of Australian cricket - coaching, administration, marketing etc.