• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Things that annoy you about the Ashes

thierry henry

International Coach
The fact that the achievements of players from two sides are over-hyped on the basis that they play in the "biggest series in cricket", even though that's obviously completely arbitrary and pretty much restricts the potential of anyone who isn't English or Australian to go down in cricket folklore.

Obv. the perfect example is atm where a series between two clearly better teams is going on at the same time and everyone is still focused on the Ashes while SA v India seems pretty insignificant by comparison.

thierry henry

International Coach
Reminds me a lot of rugby union tbh, the All Blacks are always going on these end of season tours to the Northern Hemisphere which are massively hyped, they play game after game in front of 80,000 screaming fans etc, and yet ultimately they are playing completely **** teams in games that are barely competitive.

Same deal with Australia over the years (not now of course), they bag England (with good reason) and yet when the Ashes roll around they all pretend it's the biggest thing in cricket even though England are usually ****.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Missing awesome spells of bowling (Siddle, Anderson, Mitch) because its on during work hours.

Yet I return home with plenty of time to stay up all night and watch Sreesanth. :dry:

At least I got to see Steyn and Morkel, even if it did make me sad :(

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Strauss
Cook
Trott
Pietersen
Bell
Collingwood
Prior
Swann
Anderson
Tremlett
Finn

The lack of blood being spilt.

Most of the first Two Tests.

Coverage stopping for the news.

No HD.

I don't look as good as Phil Hughes.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
The fact that the achievements of players from two sides are over-hyped on the basis that they play in the "biggest series in cricket", even though that's obviously completely arbitrary and pretty much restricts the potential of anyone who isn't English or Australian to go down in cricket folklore.

Obv. the perfect example is atm where a series between two clearly better teams is going on at the same time and everyone is still focused on the Ashes while SA v India seems pretty insignificant by comparison.
If only people paid attention to the likes of Tendulkar's achievements, eh?

Don't see how India are obviously better than either England or Australia. Bangladesh would have been thoroughly ashamed of their efforts over the first 2 and a half days.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
England may not cross 200 twice on the trot in one match. Let's judge them on one match as well, yay.

Kylez

State Vice-Captain
I swear every time I leave the room for one minute or so, a wicket ends up falling and I always ****ing miss it live.

It's happened like 7 times this series for me :dry:.

Spark

Global Moderator
I have to say there's been some really bad posting recently which I haven't seen before. Like, really bad.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Thought it was describing your entire posting career but Spark hasn't been here long enough to witness it's worst moments

Last edited:

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Thought it was describing your entire posting career but Spark hasn't been here long enough to witness it's worst moments
Haha so good.

What about that vicleggie ****. Performance was as bad as the last Victorian leggie to play for Australia.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Like krejza on debut, he took some wickets but **** he went for some runs has young vicleggie

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Haha so good.

What about that vicleggie ****. Performance was as bad as the last Victorian leggie to play for Australia.
The insults aren't appropriate at all, morgieb. Nor is the shameless joke stealing.