• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Things that annoy you about the Ashes

outbreak

First Class Debutant
Everyone at work is now interested in cricket but the majority of them don't even know the current players.
The media and articles popping up that seem like the people writing them haven't watched/followed a cricket game since the last australian summer.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Workmates who think Australia suck for not treating the 4th innings at the GABBA as a T20 type match.

Just get Ponting, Watson, Haddin, Clarke, Hussey and Johnson to go for it and if they all get out Katich and North can bat out the remaining overs. 8-)

Apart from that I've loved the Ashes, this has easily been the most testing series though.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Workmates who think Australia suck for not treating the 4th innings at the GABBA as a T20 type match.

Just get Ponting, Watson, Haddin, Clarke, Hussey and Johnson to go for it and if they all get out Katich and North can bat out the remaining overs. 8-)

Apart from that I've loved the Ashes, this has easily been the most testing series though.
People ignoring that it was an innings defeat :p

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I hate the fact that we have to wait two and a half years after the Australian Ashes for another series.

Debris

International 12th Man
How extreme all the opinions on cricket become. It says something when I visit this site for some sanity on the subject.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The fact that the public don't give a **** about the rest of Australia's tests but over-react when the Ashes are on. Don't get me wrong, it's the most famous test rivarly out, but we don't need to over-react to it.

benchmark00

The fact that the public don't give a **** about the rest of Australia's tests but over-react when the Ashes are on. Don't get me wrong, it's the most famous test rivarly out, but we don't need to over-react to it.
I stand on the side of any publicity is good publicity, and an Ashes series at home always results in grassroots interest increasing.

What annoys me is the when people who don't watch cricket (Prince EWS etc) all of a sudden become experts on cricket when the Ashes come around.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
At least cricket fans only have to deal with that every 2-2.5 years.

Imagine how horse racing fans feel when everyone thinks they're an expert come spring racing season every year.

I couldn't give a **** about racing tbh, but if I was a fan and heard random dicks (who never get a chance to wear a suit in their life so get excited come October when they can spill goon all over their tie) talk about how So You Think is a lock etc.

benchmark00

At least cricket fans only have to deal with that every 2-2.5 years.

Imagine how horse racing fans feel when everyone thinks they're an expert come spring racing season every year.

I couldn't give a **** about racing tbh, but if I was a fan and heard random dicks (who never get a chance to wear a suit in their life so get excited come October when they can spill goon all over their tie) talk about how So You Think is a lock etc.
Yeah, or when Richmond fans talk about what it feels like to play finals.