Cricket Player Manager
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 184

Thread: Where would you bat Ponting ?

  1. #151
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Furball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    #banblocky
    Posts
    20,471
    Quote Originally Posted by Black_Warrior View Post
    Couple of points.
    He was not dropped by CA for being a racist but because of a broken finger and possibly poor form.
    He has so far not shown any evidence of being a racist. He has shown utter disrespect for umpires though but not just Aleem Dar but many umpires over the years and he is not the only Australian player to do so..many including heroes McGrath, Warne and Waughs have done so.
    Who's been hauled up in front of the ICC more than any other player?

    That'll be Inzamam Ul-Haq, in case you're wondering.
    ​63*

  2. #152
    School Boy/Girl Captain robinjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    springfield
    Posts
    171
    Quote Originally Posted by GingerFurball View Post
    Who's been hauled up in front of the ICC more than any other player?

    That'll be Inzamam Ul-Haq, in case you're wondering.


    cop that Aaron

  3. #153
    Global Moderator Prince EWS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Moving to Somalia
    Posts
    44,222
    The ICC are obviously racist.
    ~ Cribbertarian ~

    Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since Dec '09

    Quote Originally Posted by John Singleton
    Recognition of Property Rights in material objects is the recognition of a manís right to exist; his right to pursue his own goals in his own manner at his own discretion with what is rightfully his to command. Just as the Right to Life is the right to the property of oneís own person, so the right to own material products is the right to sustain oneís life and to keep the results of oneís own efforts.


  4. #154
    Cricketer Of The Year zaremba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Burgess Hill
    Posts
    8,995
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronK View Post
    he deserved to be dropped for being racist..
    A last-gasp contender for worst post of 2010.

    Pathetic.

    The guy's got an injury, and whatever other faults he has (he has many, and I'm usually the first to bang on about them) there's not a sliver of a shred of evidence that he's racist. That's a vile accusation to make without any evidence, son. Not sure if you'll be banned for it, but imho you ****ing deserve to be.

    My advice to you is to wind your neck in.


  5. #155
    State Regular GuyFromLancs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Lancashire
    Posts
    946
    Where would you bat Ponting ?
    In the bollocks if I were Australian.
    World XI Since 1990 -

    1. Gooch 2. Dravid 3. Ponting 4. Tendulkar 5. Lara 6. Kallis 7. Gilchrist 8. Akram 9. Warne 10. Ambrose 11. McGrath

  6. #156
    International Debutant Black_Warrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    TEF
    Posts
    2,651
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    He isn't the only player to do it. There are plenty of examples of players from all over disrespecting umpires. Players don't disrespect umpires because they're Australian anymore than they take bribes to fix matches because they're Pakistani.
    But more Australian players have, over the years disrespected umpires just like more Pakistani players have over the years been accused and implicated in bribery and match fixing charges.. So it is fair to conclude that those problems are slightly more serious in those countries than the rest.

    On another note, this is a topic about Ponting and the Ashes and hence it was only natural that his altercation with the umpires would come up. However is there any particular reason you found it necessary to bring up the match fixing issue other than the fact that the man in my avatar happens to be wearing the jersey of a certain country? because if that's your argument..then I must say its a pretty bad argument..Its not going to work because I will not shy away from calling a spade a spade just because I happen to support the team..unlike many others who blindly defend everything their players do.
    Last edited by Black_Warrior; 30-12-2010 at 07:46 PM.

  7. #157
    International Debutant Black_Warrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    TEF
    Posts
    2,651
    Quote Originally Posted by GingerFurball View Post
    Who's been hauled up in front of the ICC more than any other player?

    That'll be Inzamam Ul-Haq, in case you're wondering.
    If you're trying to bring Inzamam ul Haq to attack me..then thats a very sorry post I must say

    Inzamam ul Haq, from what I can remember and I am sure I remember more of him than you, has never behaved with an umpire the way Ponting did at MCG. If he has been hauled in front of ICC more than Ponting or the others..then you're really opening a can of worms there.

  8. #158
    Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    The Castle
    Posts
    42,407
    Quote Originally Posted by Black_Warrior View Post
    But more Australian players have, over the years disrespected umpires just like more Pakistani players have over the years been accused and implicated in bribery and match fixing charges.. So it is fair to conclude that those problems are slightly more serious in those countries than the rest.

    On another note, this is a topic about Ponting and the Ashes and hence it was only natural that his altercation with the umpires would come up. However is there any particular reason you found it necessary to bring up the match fixing issue other than the fact that the man in my avatar happens to be wearing the jersey of a certain country? because if that's your argument..then I must say its a pretty bad argument..Its not going to work because I will not shy away from calling a spade a spade just because I happen to support the team..unlike many others who blindly defend everything their players do.
    Well I posted it to point out that you can't generalise like that really. It's a bit rich on your part to now play a race card against me when I think you (likely inadvertently) did the same to one country's group of cricketers too. I'd have though it was self evident why I said it.
    Inzamam
    Cronje
    Ranatunga
    Gatting
    Broad
    Viv Richards
    Michael Holding
    Colin Croft
    Miandad
    Gavaskar
    Kumble

    Are among the non-Australian players I can think of off the top of my head who have disrespected umpires. Without giving it more than two minutes' thought.
    Last edited by Burgey; 30-12-2010 at 08:29 PM.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"
    "When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

    "Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

    #408. Sixty three not out forever.

  9. #159
    School Boy/Girl Captain robinjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    springfield
    Posts
    171
    Quote Originally Posted by Black_Warrior View Post
    If you're trying to bring Inzamam ul Haq to attack me..then thats a very sorry post I must say

    Inzamam ul Haq, from what I can remember and I am sure I remember more of him than you, has never behaved with an umpire the way Ponting did at MCG. If he has been hauled in front of ICC more than Ponting or the others..then you're really opening a can of worms there.
    im sure he's talking to Aaron.

  10. #160
    vcs
    vcs is offline
    International Coach vcs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    India
    Posts
    10,305
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromLancs View Post
    In the bollocks if I were Australian.

  11. #161
    International Coach howardj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    brisbane
    Posts
    13,011
    I don't see the point in Ponting continuing post-World Cup. By the time we play our next Test in August he'll be pushing 37 years of age, and he's been in decline for the last two years. In cricketing terms, he is already old. Continuing on for a couple of more years is just madness. If his coach wasn't such a 'yes man', he'd tell Ponting as much.

    It's time to, to coin a phrase, move forward.
    - Winner of the 2011 and 2012 CricketWeb AFL tipping competition

    - Winner of the 2011, 2012 and 2013 CricketWeb NRL tipping competition

  12. #162
    International Coach morgieb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    63*
    Posts
    11,745
    Quote Originally Posted by howardj View Post
    I don't see the point in Ponting continuing post-World Cup. By the time we play our next Test in August he'll be pushing 37 years of age, and he's been in decline for the last two years. In cricketing terms, he is already old. Continuing on for a couple of more years is just madness. If his coach wasn't such a 'yes man', he'd tell Ponting as much.

    It's time to, to coin a phrase, move forward.
    howardj coming out of the closet?

    But yeah, it's time to move on from Punter. He's not the player he once was, and it's unlikely that he can have a Tendulkar-esque recovery.
    5-0

    RIP Craig Walsh (Craig) 1985-2012
    RIP Hughesy

    Proudly supporting the #2 cricketer of all time.

  13. #163
    International Coach howardj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    brisbane
    Posts
    13,011
    Yep, Sachin's renaissance is the exception for someone of that age, not the rule.

    Anyway, Hussey, Watson and Clarke have played an awful lot of cricket and will be there to guide the younger players/batsmen.

    Ponting is surplus to requirements in that respect.

  14. #164
    Global Moderator Spark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    A Blood Rainbow
    Posts
    33,585
    Watson? He's only played 26 tests...
    + time's fickle card game ~ with you and i +


    forever 63*

  15. #165
    International Coach howardj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    brisbane
    Posts
    13,011
    Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    Watson? He's only played 26 tests...

    Hussey and Clarke then....



    Point I was trying to make is that his experience is not, of itself, reason enough for Poning to bat on.

    There's other guys who can fill that breach.

    Time to declare, as the commercial says.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Rahul Dravid and Ricky Ponting 2007 Onwards
    By Sanz in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 95
    Last Post: 09-12-2010, 06:57 AM
  2. Ponting - ODI Retirement?
    By sonia2 in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-02-2010, 09:51 PM
  3. Is Ricky Ponting a better batsman than Brian Lara?
    By Avada Kedavra in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 400
    Last Post: 14-12-2009, 09:08 PM
  4. Ponting shows lack of class (Chapter 94)
    By zaremba in forum Ashes 2009
    Replies: 109
    Last Post: 04-06-2009, 06:05 AM
  5. Best ODI batsman?
    By honestbharani in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 399
    Last Post: 03-06-2008, 12:28 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •