• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ian Botham and Ian Chappell in car park dust-up after Adelaide test

Kylez

State Vice-Captain
I know Ian Chappell can be a bit negative and also a douche at times but when it comes down to it, Chappell is a pretty good commentator and I like listening to his views generally.

Botham is just a tool.

Lostman

State Captain
Well we know there was at least one Australian with a spine during the second test.
Get him into the side for the third test and my series bet on Australia might still have a chance.

iamdavid

International Debutant
I know Ian Chappell can be a bit negative and also a douche at times but when it comes down to it, Chappell is a pretty good commentator and I like listening to his views generally.

Botham is just a tool.
This, they're both ****heads....but Botham is a significantly bigger ****head.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Ive never been a big fan of Botham but Ian Chappell is someone I cant listen to for even a second whether it be cricket or anything else.

The guy is a boorish, ignorant ****. A cancer on cricket. But hey, thats just my opinion.

Teja.

Global Moderator
I detest most of what Ian Chappell says about the game. Particularly his cricket-is-for-teh-sixez-lulz ideology.

Worst **** was asking for Dravid to be dropped after those 2 tests against Oz ffs. Can't stand him

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Chappelli is the only guy who knows anything/watches international cricket outside Australia on Channel 9.

I often don't agree with him, but at least he gives a **** about the game.

davidgdafter

Cricket Spectator
It's good to see old rivalries are still alive and well, it just makes things a lot more interesting.

Would love to see what was said.

Jacknife

International Captain
For an OBE you'd think Botham should know better.

Nothing's ever gonna change between those two.
The difference is though, Chappell started the situation. If someone walks past you and throws a bit of abuse your way you're going to react, anyone would.

howardj

International Coach
Chappelli is the only guy who knows anything/watches international cricket outside Australia on Channel 9.

I often don't agree with him, but at least he gives a **** about the game.
Exactly, he really loves being involved in the game and is a cricket lover.

He at least makes an effort to stay in touch with the game.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
A source of mine (who is generally very reliable) who works in the media reckons this is how it went down:

"Botham: Hello ****
Chappelli: How long have you been working on that one? Good to hear you’re still a ****ing idiot
Botham: Right, let’s settle this right here

Before they can, channel nine minder steps between them "

howardj

International Coach
A source of mine (who is generally very reliable) who works in the media reckons this is how it went down:

Chappelli: How long have you been working on that one? Good to hear you’re still a ****ing idiot

:laugh::laugh:

High class fare.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!

Apparently "Hello ****" is how they've been greeting each other since the 70s, according to Dean Jones.

It would be like catching up with Corrin every now and again.