Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Katman farewell thread

Hope it's not his time yet, deserves a lot more than injury to be the end of him. One of the only Aussies I like, WAG.

I have often hated on Katich, particularly when he was keeping both Hayden and Jaques out of the ODI setup in 2005/06, but he has been a good servant to Australian cricket and I wish him a speedy recovery. Hope that if he does come back it is because he forced his way back into the side based on scoring oodles of runs at state level.

I don't think Katich is gonna play again, Hughes might or might not do well for Australia during the Ashes, but at 21 he is the future and not Katich.
    Katman is right up there with some of my favourite Aussie cricketers, he might not have been the most naturally talented batsman around, but he more than made up for that with his resilience and determination, his effort in the field and then his batting performance in the 2nd innings at Adeliade summed up the man perfectly.

International Vice-Captain Mike5181's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TumTum View Post
    As the population ages, do any of you think 40 of today will become the 45 of tomorrow?

Because tbh I can see quite a few "aged" batsman playing for a long time.
    I think we are getting physically fitter/stronger as generations pass. Though I can't see Katich lasting more than a year really. Especially if the likes of Hughes and Khuwaja have a decent run- which they are likely to do judging by their records and the talent they possess.

School Boy/Girl Captain Tom 1972's Avatar
    It's pretty likely that we (Au) lose the Ashes. If that happens, any batsmen 33 and over will have to beware as we might (should) go for a "youth policy" with a view to winning the Ashes back in 2012 and certainly in 2013 back home.

Remember that Bell, KP, Cook, Strauss & Collingwood were in the top six that got flogged 5-0 here 3 years ago. Sure, the bowling line-up has been completely changed and Prior & Trott have come into the side but to their credit, the Poms have persisted with these guys - picked a classy and relatively youthful side back then.

No doubt that Collingwood is a battler and his days must be numbered. Strauss isn't the most talented batsman you ever saw (stood up & showed some grit back in 2007) and he seems to have galvanised the team.

If (when) we lose these Ashes --->>> play the kids...

Except for a few exceptions, this is an England side that has the majority of its players under 30 years of age with 30-60 tests experience. In Australian Rules Football, we call this "the premiership window".

We are 3-5 years behind England in terms of our development.

International Coach tooextracool's Avatar
    Dick Quicks Island Adventure Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    So was Pietersen's and it has taken him well over a year to get fully over his and get his form back.

Good luck to Katich, anybody who is ruthlessly torn apart like he was in 05 and has the ability to go away and completely reinvent himself as a bat is one tough cookie in my book.
    Dont think he completely reinvented himself. The guy couldnt pick which way the ball was swinging in 2005 against some quality swing bowling and the odds are he'd probably struggle to do the same right now.

I've been a big fan of Katich since the India tour in 2003/04, but Australia really need to move on and blood some youngsters. Bringing Katich back at 36 or so is a real backward step.
    Tendulkar = the most overated player EVER!!
    Beckham = the most overated footballer EVER!!
    Vassell = the biggest disgrace since rikki clarke!!

Katich > Rogers > Jaques > Hughes.

Not least because he grabbed MClarke by the throat

Quote Originally Posted by Rant0r View Post
    Katich > Rogers > Jaques > Hughes.

Not least because he grabbed MClarke by the throat
    For failing to hold hands in the big team circle for the recitation of the Solemn Team Poem when Lara Bingle was waiting to **** his brains out? You've gotta be kidding, and I'm 100% with Pup on this one

And where's she now ? That's right, she doesn't pay his bills, the Baggy Green does

Quote Originally Posted by zaremba View Post
    For failing to hold hands in the big team circle for the recitation of the Solemn Team Poem when Lara Bingle was waiting to **** his brains out? You've gotta be kidding, and I'm 100% with Pup on this one
    !!!
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

+ time's fickle card game ~ with you and i +

get ready for a broken ****in' arm

Whatever the case, it means in no way Katich has retired from test cricket for good. If he can somehow make a case for the Sydney test though I bet the selectors would put him in for Hughes, even if Hughes manages to score big in the next test.

Banned
    You reckon even if Hughes continues to fail that they'd pick Katich for the 5th test if fit ?

He's 1 000 000 to 1 to play in Sydney with no cricket under his Kat-belt.
    - Winner of the 2011 and 2012 CricketWeb AFL tipping competition

- Winner of the 2011, 2012 and 2013 CricketWeb NRL tipping competition

International Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    You reckon even if Hughes continues to fail that they'd pick Katich for the 5th test if fit ?
    Obviously. Hughes needs to make runs this Test and IMO if he does make a century, he should keep his spot. Selectors will probably have other plans though.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information