Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: KP has his swagger back!

International Coach tooextracool's Avatar
    Dick Quicks Island Adventure Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodster View Post
    You're still ignoring the series opener, at Lords, against South Africa, for KP it probably doesn't get much bigger than that, except for the Ashes. Yet he smashed 152 and set England up in a winning position of which we could not quite capitalise. First game as captain is undoubtedly huge also, and he scored another ton. You can kinda see where people get the 'big occasion' thing from.

But let's agree to disagree, and focus on his return to form, regardless of the occasion.
    Look, I dont ignore it, that was a big knock my point isnt that KP is a dismal failure in big match situations. Its just that hes had a few performances on the big stage, not much more than any other quality player, just that these performances are all blown out of proportion simply because its 1)KP and 2) because of the tag that was given to him at the start of his career where he had a string of performances in big match situations.

Lets agree to disagree on this topic, I think we've both illustrated our points here well enough. Glad hes back in form.
    Tendulkar = the most overated player EVER!!
    Beckham = the most overated footballer EVER!!
    Vassell = the biggest disgrace since rikki clarke!!

Quote Originally Posted by GeraintIsMyHero View Post
    ?
    **** he's good just ask him

vcs
    I dislike him but he's a quality player and this knock is ominous for bowlers all over the world.

International Vice-Captain King Pietersen's Avatar
    Loving the fact he went back to SA and worked with Graham Ford again, seemed to bring the old, flamboyant KP back. We didn't see the nervous, scratchy KP we've seen for the last 8/9 months. He looked confident, was walking across his stumps and playing the outrageous leg-glances, looked good against spin and had his straight drive back. Was vintage Pietersen, and I'm very confident that he'll have an awesome 12 months and get that average back well above 50.
    www.proudtofight.com

Quote Originally Posted by Cricinfo
    Styris to Pietersen, SIX, wow, what a shot, that is awesome...it's a repeat of his six off Muralitharan at Edgbaston, as he switches his grip and reverse-hits Styris over deep cover (or should that be deep square-leg) for a memorable maximum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cricinfo
    Styris to Pietersen, SIX, that's the most extraordinary shot, he switches his grip to that of a left-hander and launches Stryis high over long-off for a might six. That is one of the more incredible shots you'll see

Quote Originally Posted by GingerFurball View Post
    He averaged 60 with a SR of 70 in the home series against South Africa in 2008, I'd say that was proving a point. The away series drags down his average because he was in shocking form at the time, I reckon Pietersen will end his career with an excellent average against South Africa. This is a guy who on his first tour with England scored 3 tons in a 7 match ODI series in South Africa, remember.
    Yes, to be fair to KP, in the winter he rolled up in SA after being out for months, with injury and with it being winter, had no chance to bat at all and find any kind of form what so ever.

If you canít score runs on these wickets against this Aus attack, then there is no hope. Nice to see some of the old shots come out again but it wasnít vintage KP.

Was the closest thing to it for almost 2 years.

International Coach flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by King Pietersen View Post
    Loving the fact he went back to SA and worked with Graham Ford again, seemed to bring the old, flamboyant KP back. We didn't see the nervous, scratchy KP we've seen for the last 8/9 months. He looked confident, was walking across his stumps and playing the outrageous leg-glances, looked good against spin and had his straight drive back. Was vintage Pietersen, and I'm very confident that he'll have an awesome 12 months and get that average back well above 50.
    Against this attack he should be upset if he hasn't got his average back over 50 by the end of the series.

Think hes brought back a few things in his game that we haven't seen in a while such as the romp to the off side - flamingo shot. I know he tried to reduce his leg side bias by improving his off side game, but I think that may have made him a better player

Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Against this attack he should be upset if he hasn't got his average back over 50 by the end of the series.
    Pietersen needs 124 runs in his next innings to bring his average back to 50. Plausible. He'll need another 50 runs on top of that for each time he gets out this series, so for example if he's out 4 times out of the maximum of 6, he'd need 274 more runs in the series. (Also plausible).
    And we still haven't walked in the glow of each other's majestic presence.

The question is who cares? Much rather he scored big runs in more trying situations than whether or not he got his average back above 50.

Quote Originally Posted by tooextracool View Post
    The question is who cares? Much rather he scored big runs in more trying situations than whether or not he got his average back above 50.
    Of course it doesn't matter. I for one just enjoy the odd session mucking around with numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by tooextracool View Post
    Who cares who cares? Stats are fun...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information