• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The absence of speed

Spark

Global Moderator
Yeah seeing Johnson beating people for pace so often it's hard to imagine that's bowling in the 130s. High 140s surely.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Nah, it's exaggerated that the bowlers are down on pace. I imagine a fast, bouncy pitch can make deliveries look genuinely 'quick'. Out of all the bowlers, the only one I can think of who's consistently down in speed is Anderson.

Woodster

International Captain
Nah, it's exaggerated that the bowlers are down on pace. I imagine a fast, bouncy pitch can make deliveries look genuinely 'quick'. Out of all the bowlers, the only one I can think of who's consistently down in speed is Anderson.
Tremlett's is consistently down, as is Finn's when you compare to what they register in England. Broad's was also down, not going off how it looks, going by what the speed gun says.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
How would you know how quick Tremlett and Finn are in CC matches? In List-A games I've seen both touch 90mph occasionally, and I can believe this. I'm always seen Tremlett as a Medium-Fast bowler operating around the early to mid 80s. I imagine alot of bowlers are quicker when they have a maximum of 10 overs.

thierry henry

International Coach
How would you know how quick Tremlett and Finn are in CC matches? In List-A games I've seen both touch 90mph occasionally, and I can believe this. I'm always seen Tremlett as a Medium-Fast bowler operating around the early to mid 80s. I imagine alot of bowlers are quicker when they have a maximum of 10 overs.
yeah, but I watch these Aussie bowlers year in year out, and they are all I would say 7-8kph down across the board. Definitely something up with the radars.