• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Third Test at the WACA

tridibans

Cricket Spectator
The schedule for the upcoming NZ Pak series is quite sickening. 3 20/20s and **** knows how many pointless ODIs.
Well considering Pakistan is better in only T20 format, its not that surprising. Anyhow, who cares about NZ and PAK(both rubbish these days, though would be fun to watch them as equals). I really hope atleast Ind vs RSA proves to be a cracker.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah, but is that going to get you runs against a properly disciplined Test attack? It's all very well averaging 70 in Shield cricket, but it's becoming increasingly apparent that domestic stats are no guarantee of transfer to the highest level: is there sufficient challenge of a player's discipline and patience?

Whilst unorthodox techniques will briefly flourish in the shorter formats of the game, Test cricket is so named for a reason - and I don't think it's much coincidence that the world greats are still consistently the ones with the best techniques. Yes, there will always be exceptions, but it's important - I think - to look at the fundamentals: balance and weight transfer (Sehwag).

Where were either of those key skills in Smith's dismissal? It looked like Anthony McGrath getting himself out in all kinds of novel manners vs SA in summer 03. The word I used then, and the one that instantly came to mind just now, was "tail ender".

PS: Just seen the wickets. Hughes' shot was what, exactly? Also, Collingwood.
Oh I'm not advocating it, just saying it's becoming more regular.

T20 is where the cash is, too.

It's no coincidence the bloke who's played with the tightest technique is still there.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Think he's been nowhere near as good today as Brisbane and Adelaide.

With decent reason I should say.
Flying to and from England in a week would absolutely stuff you so it's no surprise that he's look a bit flat

Mind you, he's still been more accurate than our bowlers have been in the first couple of tests

hazsa19

International Regular
i know he's a nice guy n all but it's enfuriating to watch!

Is it something he's doing? Is he withdrawing at the last minute? Is he just not pushing at the ball so much?

I genuinely haven't seen someone play and miss so consistently.

Zinzan

Wow, just got home, Go England ! I said it before & I'll say it again, S Broad was never going to be such a big loss for England & I see Tremlett's proved to be more than an adequate replacement already.

Meanwhile....poor old Punter can't buy a trick at the moment, while Hussey seems to continually play & miss without nicking, brutal game sometimes.

Mister Wright

Why not? Michael Clarke gets picked in the T20 side despite playing just 6 games for Hampshire in 2004.

Michael Clarke doesn't get picked in the 20/20 side for his batting. He gets picked for his fielding.

Warner doesn't play first class cricket for NSW, there is no way he should be selected ahead of the likes of Jaques, Broad Klinger. And I'm not advocating any of those three (except maybe Klinger), but they should all get a look well before Warner. Let's move away from this NSW central selection policy please.

social

i know he's a nice guy n all but it's enfuriating to watch!

Is it something he's doing? Is he withdrawing at the last minute? Is he just not pushing at the ball so much?

I genuinely haven't seen someone play and miss so consistently.
He rarely follows the moving ball so ends up playing inside a lot of deliveries

Compare his technique to the shocking way Clarke played the ball that dismissed him

Burgey

Flying to and from England in a week would absolutely stuff you so it's no surprise that he's look a bit flat

Mind you, he's still been more accurate than our bowlers have been in the first couple of tests
Haha. I know. I did it last week.

Spark

Global Moderator
He rarely follows the moving ball so ends up playing inside a lot of deliveries

Compare his technique to the shocking way Clarke played the ball that dismissed him
Don't think anyone's noted this, but from the side-on replay it looks as if Clarke was trying to set the record for most fidgets before playing the ball.