• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Third Test at the WACA

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Yeah, I guess there's that aspect to it. In terms of "thinking I might not be out", Watson was pretty low on the scale.
Warne having a proper whinge on our Sky that it should've been overturned. It's marginal Shane, they stay with the on-field ump. This we know...

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Warne having a proper whinge on our Sky that it should've been overturned. It's marginal Shane, they stay with the on-field ump. This we know...
He's got a point to be fair. Can understand the whole "umpire's call" thing when HawkEye suggests the ball is just clipping, given the margain of error, but I don't see how it can be an "umpire's call" when it's a question of whether it's outside the line or not. It either hits him outside the line or it doesn't.

hazsa19

International Regular
THIS IS UNBELIEVABLE. WHAT IS WARNE ON ABOUT?

Hawk eye clearly shows some of the ball clipped the off stump line. It's not up to Aleem Dar to make the ****ing decision.

****ing Orange means it's clipping, umpires call. There's no 'decision' to make for Aleem Dar unless there's green.

Jacknife

International Captain
THIS IS UNBELIEVABLE. WHAT IS WARNE ON ABOUT?

Hawk eye clearly shows some of the ball clipped the off stump line. It's not up to Aleem Dar to make the ****ing decision.

****ing Orange means it's clipping, umpires call. There's no 'decision' to make for Aleem Dar unless there's green.
To me, he's sounding a bit desperate.

pup11

International Coach
Well maybe we have to stop thinking about him as future captain etc. and just let him bat. We need the Clarke of 07, 08, 09 back. He was just so fidgety and nervous and all over the place today.

And now...
He is still the batsman with most experience after Ponting and tbh he needs to show that when he comes out to bat. Sliding down the middle order is certainly not going to solve his problems, he just needs to show better application.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
He's got a point to be fair. Can understand the whole "umpire's call" thing when HawkEye suggests the ball is just clipping, given the margain of error, but I don't see how it can be an "umpire's call" when it's a question of whether it's outside the line or not. It either hits him outside the line or it doesn't.
Not that cut & dried IMHO. Sometimes (as with this one) the whole of the ball didn't pitch in line, but some of it (again, IMHO) did. Not sure if the law specifies about all of the ball or part of it, tbh.

hazsa19

International Regular
Something is very wrong if decisions like that are going to be overturned though. Think about what the umpires would think, they wouldn't give anything if that's not out!

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Not that cut & dried IMHO. Sometimes (as with this one) the whole of the ball didn't pitch in line, but some of it (again, IMHO) did. Not sure if the law specifies about all of the ball or part of it, tbh.
Only part hitting in line should be good enough, seeing as you don't need the whole ball to take the wicket.