• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Third Test at the WACA

outbreak

First Class Debutant
I heard Broad is actually out because he stayed in the solarium too long and has burnt his chest.

So Aussie side for third test should change up abit. Probably depends on this weeks shield match though as to whos in.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's not fair to judge a player just on one series in unhelpful conditions. So it's only right that he should play in the 2013 Ashes in England as well.
TBF that's precisely what was said on here four years ago about Anderson.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If Doherty had a gammy finger for these tests, or goes away and reinvent himself as a bowler, or learns to bowl the doosra and then has hugely improved results as a bowler. There might be a case for it :p

howardj

International Coach
Have to still pick the team as though we can win the series:

Katich
Hughes
Ponting
Watson
Clarke
Hussey
Haddin
Hauritz
Johnson
Harris
Siddle

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If Doherty had a gammy finger for these tests, or goes away and reinvent himself as a bowler, or learns to bowl the doosra and then has hugely improved results as a bowler. There might be a case for it :p
It's four years' time.

Personally I will be arging his record counts for absolutely nothing, not a single thing.

No doubt you'll agree :ph34r:

Jarquis

So long as he fulfills the above criteria and that Strauss and Pietersen have retired and Trott underperforming.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Been disappointed with Doherty, he's been so one paced whenever I've seen him. Has bowled at a similar trajectory the whole time.

outbreak

First Class Debutant
Have to still pick the team as though we can win the series:

Katich
Hughes
Ponting
Watson
Clarke
Hussey
Haddin
Hauritz
Johnson
Harris
Siddle
Kats gonna be out injured. Dussey or White could even make a case for Norths spot if they ton up against England this weekend.

Ruckus

International Captain
We are just destined not to win these Ashes...We lose Katich, one of, if not our, most consistent player, while England lose arguably their worst bowler so far in Broad. He will probably be replaced by Tremlett who is a better bowler anyway.

Howe_zat

Audio File
So Broad out means Trem will almost certainly come in. I'd rather have Shahzad but the selectors wouldn't.

Australia? **** knows. They've got to make at least one change and I'd change three.

Last edited:

Blocky

Banned
Aussie are poked, where do they go next?

Personally, I'd beg Stuart Clark back into the side - at least he puts the ball in the area it needs to be in consistently and knows how to wait for a wicket and get a plan working.

England's bowling attack will probably improve with the addition of Tremlett, their batters are all sky high at the moment and the Aussie bowling attack really has no options at this point except to go back to basics and select guys who they can trust.

I don't think they'll be smart enough, but this would be my team in trying to force results in the next few games. You're sacrificing a bit of batting to have more options in the bowling and you're asking guys to step up and do roles they haven't done before. If you're not happy with the lack of depth, then you possibly drop Hauritz and play North as the spinner/bat.

1. Watson
2. M Hussey
3. R Ponting
4. M Clarke
5. D Hussey
6. B Haddin
7. M Johnson
8. N Haurtiz
9. R Harris
10. S Clark
11. P Siddle

Son Of Coco

Assuming Chris jr is broken, who comes in? Tremmers probably the best bowler of the alternates in the sqaud, but also lengthens the tail.

Or do we say "**** it" and pick our best bowler regardless?
Definitely this...otherwise you have two main seamers and a guy who isn't going to hold his own like Broad does.

The tail hasn't had to bat the last two innings, don't think it matters if you choose a guy who only has one arm to be honest.

DragonPunk

School Boy/Girl Captain
My attempt at a team:

Hughes
Watson
Ponting
Clarke
Hussey
Khawaja
Haddin
Hauritz
Harris
Siddle
Bollinger

The Argonaut

State Vice-Captain
It's hard to know how the selectors will go. They had a mixed run of late. Keeping Hussey was a masterstroke but picking Doherty should give hope to every Australian that they too could play for Australia.

If Johnson's action has improved intraining this week then he must come in for Bollinger who looked very slow in Adelaide. If not then Peter George or Mark Cameron could be the replacement. Hilfenhaus will also be in the mix. They'll pick Hauritz or Smith as the spinner. I can't see them going for 4 quicks with North and Clarke in support. Katich is out so North may be kept. They won't want two newbies in the batting order. Hughes will come in as the selectors love him. His form may not warrant a spot but he'll be there.

The problem is that there have been a few green pitches around the country this season so the batsmen aren't getting many runs. No one is bashing the door down to get picked. Also with the bowlers no one has been outstanding. They all look like honest toilers without being spectacular. Our bowling in the tests has lacked swing, accuracy and penetration. Take out a couple of great spells by Siddle on Day 1 in Brisbane and what do you have. Not much.

The selectors will pick

Hughes
Watson
Ponting
Clarke
Hussey
North
Haddin
Johnson
Hauritz/Smith
Harris
Siddle/Hilfenhaus

I would pick

Hughes (can't think of anyone better - Klinger?)
Watson
Ponting
Clarke
Hussey
Ferguson
Haddin
Johnson
Hauritz
Harris
Hilfenhaus

Bollinger and Siddle need a rest.

Son Of Coco

We are just destined not to win these Ashes...We lose Katich, one of, if not our, most consistent player, while England lose arguably their worst bowler so far in Broad. He will probably be replaced by Tremlett who is a better bowler anyway.
Nothing to do with destiny...we didn't even know who our best team was before the First Test, England were settled and playing reasonably well. They've built up to this series, while we've blundered our way into it.

Wouldn't be surprised if, by the time Australia settles and manages some good cricket, we've already lost the series. It seems like we've been lacking a plan for some time as to how we're going to improve, while England have done so and look like a very good team at the moment.

Pothas

So Broad out means Trem will almost certainly come in. I'd rather have Shahzad but the selectors wouldn't.

Australia? **** knows. They've got to make at least one change and I'd change three.
Got to be Tremlett for me, if they pick Bresnan for his batting I will be very dissapointed.

Guess Hughes will come in for Australia, at least he should do. Would amuse me greatly if that saved North because they don't want to make more changes but got a feeling they will bring Smith in.

X will definetly be gone.