Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 50 of 341 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100150 ... LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: *Official* Third Test at the WACA

The only good thing to come out of this is that North is gone and Smith is now gonna play more as an all-founder, but Beer'selection is ridiculous and laughable to say the very least....
    Seriously hoping now that they we go in with 4 quicks at Perth....

International Regular Jayzamann's Avatar
    Beer 12th man for sure. Otherwise I'll eat my hat, **** it out, then eat that hat****.

Cricketer Of The Year SirBloody Idiot's Avatar
    I've seen some bad selections in my time, but ****ing hell.

Just give it a little tappy, a little tap tap-aroo.
    I bet even Warne is like wtf...."I was just trying to sound smart by suggesting someone who knew the conditions." The weakest Australian squad i have seen in a long time

Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    I'm hoping they see something in Beer. I haven't seen much of him, though.
    Hand on heart, he looks okay to me. Seems to have more to him than Doherty from a purely visual analysis point of view. Didn't look Test standard or anything (barely looked First Class standard, but then again you could say that for all our spinners) but when I saw him bowl I thought he had something to work with. I was remotely excited by him.

Still an absolutely ridiculous selection though. I'd have preferred retaining North and batting him eleven.
    Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since Dec '09
    'Stats' is not a synonym for 'Career Test Averages'

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey Tucker
    Someone asked me the other day if I believe in conspiracies. Well, sure. Here's one. It is called the political system. It is nothing if not a giant conspiracy to rob, trick and subjugate the population.
    Before replying to TJB, always remember:
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJediBrah View Post
    Next week I'll probably be arguing the opposite

AWTA that Hauritz must be spewing

Seriously if the selection policy is going to be determined by who Ponting does/doesn't like then he should be removed as captain ASAP. Besides, Hauritz is possibly the most inoffensive person in world cricket, what could he possibly have done to piss Ponting off so - apart from get pummeled in India ofc

Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    Hand on heart, he looks okay to me. Seems to have more to him than Doherty from a purely visual analysis point of view. Didn't look Test standard or anything (barely looked First Class standard, but then again you could say that for all our spinners) but when I saw him bowl I thought he had something to work with. I was remotely excited by him.

Still an absolutely ridiculous selection though. I'd have preferred retaining North and batting him eleven.
    Well I don't expect fireworks for him any time soon but if there is talent there then now he's picked he needs to be treated with care.
    Last edited by Spark; 09-12-2010 at 09:26 PM.
    citoyens, vouliez-vous une révolution sans révolution?

Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    Will hold my hand up and say I'd never even heard of Beer until Warne mentioned him the other day.

Assume he's a spinner, what's he bowl? Can he bat?

Smith at 6 or 7 a pretty big call IMHO. The boy clearly has talent but, based on what I've seen so far, maybe doesn't have the shot selection of a top order batsman just yet.
    I have a feeling selectors too came to know about him when they heard Warney talking about him, or maybe Warney knew all along that he is gonna be picked.....

Banned
    Seriously don't care about the Beer selection, because if Smith is selected the team is a joke already.

I'll just be laughing my ass off come the 3rd Test, good times.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike5181 View Post
    I bet even Warne is like wtf...."I was just trying to sound smart by suggesting someone who knew the conditions." The weakest Australian squad i have seen in a long time
    I actually don't think it looks quite that horrible if you assume Beer is going to be carrying the drinks for experience. Smith's performance at the SCG may have convinced the selectors to go with 4 quicks with Smith holding down part time spinning duties, and Beer being given some time with the squad while he works at his game with WA.

Or maybe it's all a smokescreen so we can unleash Warnie the day of the test
    Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.

Too many bones, not enough CASH!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEHMbJ_FVfA
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5oGJTUpbpA

RIP Craig

Quote Originally Posted by TumTum View Post
    Seriously don't care about the Beer selection, because if Smith is selected the team is a joke already.

I'll just be laughing my ass off come the 3rd Test, good times.
    Yeah Smith is average I'm sure there are far better options than him...Even someone like Cameron White would be of far more use.

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak View Post
    Ponting to retire soon after the ashes (if not right after)
    Hauritz to be recalled for the first series Ponting isn't captain (providing Hauritz doesn't lose form majorly)

Thats my prediction.

Beer took wickets in a practice game against England iirc.
    Can't remember how many
    Agree, I'm positive this is all Ponting's doing and not the selectors. Although it was all them picking Beer, still in utter shock.

Quote Originally Posted by Ausage View Post
    I actually don't think it looks quite that horrible if you assume Beer is going to be carrying the drinks for experience. Smith's performance at the SCG may have convinced the selectors to go with 4 quicks with Smith holding down part time spinning duties, and Beer being given some time with the squad while he works at his game with WA.

Or maybe it's all a smokescreen so we can unleash Warnie the day of the test
    Yeah i will reserve my judgment on the guy until after i see him bowl. Was more excited at the prospect of seeing this Khuwaja in the squad but guts for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvester View Post
    Agree, I'm positive this is all Ponting's doing and not the selectors. Although it was all them picking Beer, still in utter shock.
    It does seem a bit weird that Warne suggested this out of the blue guy with only five first class games and then suddenly he is in the squad for the next test.

Quote Originally Posted by Ausage View Post
    Hauritz's test career must be officially over after this. He scores 160, takes 5 at the WACA and 3 today and still gets his spot taken by a guy who made his first class debut a couple of months ago. Must have take a big **** in Ponting's coffee one morning.

It's extrodinarily harsh on the guy, and this comes from someone who never really rated him.
    I am ****ing disgusted and almost speechless

I get the feeling White's shot himself in the foot by not bowling anymore. He may have done it so he would stop being treated as a frontline bowler but now he's batting has improved alot if he still bowled some half decent overs he'd be a good pick.

Thread Information