• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Third Test at the WACA

Joao

U19 12th Man
If our bowlers don't perform this Test either, Ellyse Perry could make her debut. We know the selectors are trying everything.
I could live with that. She'd be the best looking girl in the series now that Broad is injured.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Even if Warne comes back in the next test, which is something I'm really not in the favour of, what is he gonna come and achieve..!? If Ponting gets axed then that most probably would mean that we have failed to win back the Ashes, so are you saying he would be making a comeback with a long term captaincy tenure in mind,,,,???
No idea what Warne is thinking

I think it's fairly obvious that he would've been a better choice for captain than Ponting and particularly during a rebuilding phase but I wouldnt like to see him come back under any circumstances

HeathDavisSpeed

So, this Beer chap... Is he a stout fellow of good standing and reputation? Ale stake my reputation on him exceeding expectations. If it looks like Ponting's gonna bottle it and change his fields, then I hope Beer tells him to can it. Otherwise, I'm gonna be seriously pissed.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So, this Beer chap... Is he a stout fellow of good standing and reputation? Ale stake my reputation on him exceeding expectations. If it looks like Ponting's gonna bottle it and change his fields, then I hope Beer tells him to can it. Otherwise, I'm gonna be seriously pissed.
Life can be bitter can't it?

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
No idea what Warne is thinking

I think it's fairly obvious that he would've been a better choice for captain than Ponting and particularly during a rebuilding phase but I wouldnt like to see him come back under any circumstances
If he comes back I'm putting my hand up again. 41 year old clapped out left handed opener who bowls SLA with as much turn as Haurie.

Pencil me in. I'm with Warnie.

Oscillatingmind

U19 Cricketer
2/91 as opposed to Hauritz's 5/39. Gawd.
“Michael Beer replaces Xavier Doherty in the squad. Michael is a left-arm orthodox spinner who has been very impressive at domestic level this year. He took wickets against England in the tour match earlier this summer and we expect he will bowl very well against the English on his home ground." - Andrew Hilditch
Understands the condition so well.

social

If he comes back I'm putting my hand up again. 41 year old clapped out left handed opener who bowls SLA with as much turn as Haurie.

Pencil me in. I'm with Warnie.
My right shoulder is stuffed so I can only bowl rubbish lefties to my son with a tennis ball

Form's on the board then so I'm getting packed for Melbourne

HeathDavisSpeed

You know, Doherty was an odd selection, but at least he'd been tidy in those ODIs vs Sri Lanka and he had done something to earn a test cap... This guy Beer, it's right out of the left-field. Are the Aussie selectors obsessed with Pietersen's supposed weakness to SLAs? Even then, selecting Beer ahead of O'Keefe is bizarre. Does Hilditch not realise that the WACA isn't really Beer's *home ground* as such.

social

This is how Sky News described the selection of Beer

"A name you might not recognise is Michael Beer. He has justified (chuckle) his selection by taking _ at an average of about 40 from 5 matches"

"This season?"

"Ever"

"Oh dear"

Rant0r

International 12th Man
Yeah I would have gone with O'Keefe if they aren't going to go back to Hauritz or Krejza. He looked impressive in the Tour match against England. Hell even Jon Holland. Mind you, they're the selectors, they watch (supposedly) the players all the time, maybe they see something in Beer. Something they thought they seen in Doherty.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Would it hardly be a shock to see Jack Mac selected for the MCG Test?

I don't think Australian selection policies have ever plunged lower than this. At the time I thought the selection of Casson was the worst. At least he had 1 full season of decent performances. Any spinner in Australia at the moment is in contention for a spot, the fact we are even discussing the return of Warne is frightening.