• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Third Test at the WACA

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Will hold my hand up and say I'd never even heard of Beer until Warne mentioned him the other day.

Assume he's a spinner, what's he bowl? Can he bat?

Smith at 6 or 7 a pretty big call IMHO. The boy clearly has talent but, based on what I've seen so far, maybe doesn't have the shot selection of a top order batsman just yet.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Beer? WTF? He's been around for 5 minutes and hasn't been that good either. Dire pick.

outbreak

First Class Debutant
Queue 84390852943028 articles being written up to tell the general public who Beer is and how he wasn't expecting a test call up.
Makes no sense to pick him over O'Keefe if they are taking a chance on someone....
Maybe they thought the public wants Warne, Warne says pick Beer.....next best thing!

Last edited:

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Smith certain to play then?

Any chance they will not play Beer and go for 4 pace bowlers?

Mike5181

International Captain
Oh no Australia really are done for. I think i might jump on the Bring Back Warne bandwagon if this continues.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Hauritz's test career must be officially over after this. He scores 160, takes 5 at the WACA and 3 today and still gets his spot taken by a guy who made his first class debut a couple of months ago. Must have take a big **** in Ponting's coffee one morning.

It's extrodinarily harsh on the guy, and this comes from someone who never really rated him.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Will hold my hand up and say I'd never even heard of Beer until Warne mentioned him the other day.

Assume he's a spinner, what's he bowl? Can he bat?
Left arm orthodox. Bats ten in club cricket (which is the highest level of cricket he's played with a big enough sample size) - worst batsman in the squad I'd say.

Last edited:

aussie tragic

International Captain
WTF....Beer is 26, with 5 FC games, 14 runs @ 3.50 and 16 wkts @ 39.93 with best of 3-39

Why would they not bring in O'Keefe :blink:

outbreak

First Class Debutant
Hauritz's test career must be officially over after this. He scores 160, takes 5 at the WACA and 3 today and still gets his spot taken by a guy who made his first class debut a couple of months ago. Must have take a big **** in Ponting's coffee one morning.

It's extrodinarily harsh on the guy, and this comes from someone who never really rated him.
Ponting to retire soon after the ashes (if not right after)
Hauritz to be recalled for the first series Ponting isn't captain (providing Hauritz doesn't lose form majorly)

Thats my prediction.

Beer took wickets in a practice game against England iirc.
Can't remember how many

Last edited:

pup11

International Coach
The only good thing to come out of this is that North is gone and Smith is now gonna play more as an all-founder, but Beer'selection is ridiculous and laughable to say the very least....
Seriously hoping now that they we go in with 4 quicks at Perth....

Mike5181

International Captain
I bet even Warne is like wtf...."I was just trying to sound smart by suggesting someone who knew the conditions." The weakest Australian squad i have seen in a long time

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I'm hoping they see something in Beer. I haven't seen much of him, though.
Hand on heart, he looks okay to me. Seems to have more to him than Doherty from a purely visual analysis point of view. Didn't look Test standard or anything (barely looked First Class standard, but then again you could say that for all our spinners) but when I saw him bowl I thought he had something to work with. I was remotely excited by him.

Still an absolutely ridiculous selection though. I'd have preferred retaining North and batting him eleven.